lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2016, 09:01 AM   #1
golfcoursemonkey
Not Yet Wild

Default 02 TXT PDS intermittant 3-2 code

So for a few years I've been chasing this same intermittent issue. I'll get a 3-2 code, but if I replace the solenoid, nothing changes. The symptom other than the code is the obvious reduction in speed. Pack voltage is 39.0 on year old Napa GC batteries. I run the troubleshooting flow chart from the service manual and get stopped at "Voltage between b- and controller side of solenoid... 0.4-0.8 Less than reference voltage?" It'll read reference voltage, not less than. About 2 years ago, I did replace the controller because of this result, but still have this intermittent issue. I will run great for months, then pop up again. I did clean the batteries Friday using a very light stream of water and battery cleaner, but there's no indication of moisture around the controller and the switch was set to "maint". I have the Freedom plug installed, but the problem consists with or without it installed. I can temporarily get the symptom to go away if I cycle the f-r switch and give accelerator input, but as soon as I shut the key off, it comes back. Last time this occurred, it remedied itself during troubleshooting. Thoughts? Thank you.
golfcoursemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2016, 09:17 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 02 TXT PDS intermittant 3-2 code

When you cycle the R/T switch you reboot the control. Since this clears the trouble code and the solenoid is not failing I suspect another controller failure.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:23 AM   #3
golfcoursemonkey
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
When you cycle the R/T switch you reboot the control. Since this clears the trouble code and the solenoid is not failing I suspect another controller failure.
Is there an aftermarket controller that is better suited to daily higher speed operation? This is the superintendents cart and it's getting pretty old trying to explain a problem that comes and goes for no particular reason.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:29 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcoursemonkey View Post
Is there an aftermarket controller that is better suited to daily higher speed operation? This is the superintendents cart and it's getting pretty old trying to explain a problem that comes and goes for no particular reason.
Absolutely! Alltrax has been making upgraded aftermarket controls for this cart for 15 years. Last year they released generation 2 for the Sepex Ezgo. He can expect 35% more torque and 24 mph from a stock PDS cart. Shoot me an email and I'll hook you up with all the info & links you need to become the hero in the superintendents eyes. scottyb@cartsunlimited.net
Old 02-08-2016, 12:43 PM   #5
golfcoursemonkey
Not Yet Wild

...and it started working as intended again. Ugh

Next failure, this thing is getting an Alltrax!
Old 02-08-2016, 01:00 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Why wait, you know an irritated superintendent is calling you soon
Old 02-08-2016, 01:23 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Go ahead and get the Alltrax the next time it misbehaves, your supervisor will love it, but also check the voltage at J1 Pin-5. If it is significantly less than full pack voltage it can generate a 3-2 error code.

The small red wire that connects to the battery side large terminal on the solenoid, splits inside the wiring harness and feeds both the beeper and J1 Pin-5. The connection at the split goes bad sometimes and full pack voltage doesn't get to Pin-5. A bad connection at either end of the red wire will also do the same.

However, being intermittent, I'm leaning towards a failing controller also.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 01:23 PM   #8
golfcoursemonkey
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Why wait, you know an irritated superintendent is calling you soon
Ha! Very good point. I'd still love to know what's going on when this happens. EZGO tech support didn't have much to offer. They told me inspect/clean the speed sensor. No change. Just kept messing with the FR and TM switches and viola!
Old 02-08-2016, 01:45 PM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

golfcoursemonkey, I take it that you maintain carts at a golf course in the Phoenix area.

Are you familiar with the carts at Coyote Lake Golf Club or know any of the cart techs there?

The reason I ask is because I bought a 2008PDS in 2011 that came off a 3 year lease and it has nose art that resembles the Coyote Lake Logo and was wondering if that is where it lived in its former life.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coyote Nose Art.jpg (309.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg coyote-logo.JPG (11.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:32 AM   #10
golfcoursemonkey
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
golfcoursemonkey, I take it that you maintain carts at a golf course in the Phoenix area.

Are you familiar with the carts at Coyote Lake Golf Club or know any of the cart techs there?

The reason I ask is because I bought a 2008PDS in 2011 that came off a 3 year lease and it has nose art that resembles the Coyote Lake Logo and was wondering if that is where it lived in its former life.
JohnnieB, the cart maintenance is just a small part of what I do. Most of my repair and maintenance efforts revolve around mowing equipment, gas utility vehicles and tractors. I've got a lot to learn about carts, especially the RXV's and Precedents.

Coyote Lakes doesn't ring a bell. There are somewhere around 300 golf courses, so it's hard to keep track.

Thanks for the input and advice on my issues, as well. I'm going to do some snooping around the harnesses, especially where they route behind the battery tray. See where I get.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO