lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2016, 06:18 PM   #1
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax NEW switch on the fly XCT and SR controls

Alltrax switch on the fly FN1, FN2, and FNKS are here.
Pre - orders start shipping tomorrow SATURDAY
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2016, 07:28 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax NEW switch on the fly XCT and SR controls

I previously installed the FNKS in the Precedent and have been experimenting with 2 mode selections. One mode for street and another mode for off - road. This is going well, it will require some experimentation until we can establish and post some basic guideline settings.

Today I unboxed the FN1 for SR series control and installed in the 42v Ezgo test cart. Here are some pics of whats in the box and the install. The install could not have been more simple it is truely plug and play. Just a 2 wire hookup, & no tools needed.
I plugged in the laptop & ...
I set speed and ramp rate sliders as suggested. I found the low end too low and the high end too high... perfect. A little adjustment to reduce the high end throttle ramp rate and she was nice all the way around with a definite difference between high and low so it truly is a Momma or Kiddie car switch.

You could hide it under the seat for when the grand kids want to drive.
Old 07-23-2016, 07:29 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

And the install ...
Old 07-24-2016, 04:18 PM   #4
SKD
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Looking forward to receiving this and installing. ScottyB was spot on with his shipping date - received shipping notice Saturday, should have the FN-2 this Wednesday!
SKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 05:15 PM   #5
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I wish Alltrax would spend their time on something that is really needed. A replacement for the MCOR.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:38 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
I wish Alltrax would spend their time on something that is really needed. A replacement for the MCOR.
I sympathize with your frustration. Club Car has had a throttle problem for 10 years. It is not Alltrax's fault CC can't make a decent throttle signal decision!
Simply put there are lots of options. And you don't see epic throttle problems with Yamaha or Ezgo or Star or any other makes.

Alltrax did go so far as to create an auto-calculating throttle reader in their control to deal with this epic problem. Beyond that there are lots of alternatives and CC just needs to make a better throttle device choice. Period

Please do not respond on this subject in this thread. I going to try to stay on topic.
Please - start a new thread on the Club Car throttle epidemic.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:33 PM   #7
SKD
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Well the FN2 arrived yesterday - thanks ScottyB for the quick shipment. Install was painless and the unit worked as described. I have a fairly wide sweep on the regen/speed/throttle rate settings for now.

The only potential issue I had was with the installation of the black wire on the Alltrax 3 pin connector to Pin 4 on the Molex connector from the CC harness. Instructions say some carts may have an unused light blue wire in Pin 4 and provide a crimp connector to splice in lieu of trying to remove the existing Molex pin.

I installed the 3 pin connector from underneath the cart through the plastic panel behind the axle as I didn't want to remove the batteries. Underneath the cart with not the best light I came close to cutting a light blue wire which was actually on Pin 5 of my harness - luckily I saw the open pin location at Pin 4, proper location for the black wire.

Others may have better eye's than mine and not miss the open port but wanted to put this out there anyway.

Aside from that, just trying to figure out best place to mount the dual pot box. Currently have it mounted with velcro to the dash but looks a bit out of place due to the thickness of the housing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC FN-2.jpg (213.3 KB, 0 views)
SKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:27 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That's where I was thinking of putting mine.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:05 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I had a bumpy install of the FNKS in the 05 CC Precedent. Initially my unit would not run in normal mode... it ran great (within the parameters I set in mode 2 and in mode 3) but, it was a no go in mode 1 or 'normal' .... I got the laptop hooked up and looked around. Ah- Haa!- I see the charger safety interlock active in mode 1 and not active in mode 2 and 3... no doubt this is the red flag I'm looking for

A quick check of the original wiring diagram reveals the light blue wire in pin 4 connects to the charger safety interlock. I read the instructions several times and watch the install video again.... Alltrac tech is diconnecting the light blue wire and replacing it with FNKS blk wire in pin 4...... they even recommend zip tie the now unused light blue wire out of the way.

I'm not buying it. My charger interlock is preventing the solenoid activation in normal mode - so I cut my but connector out and SPLICE the new black in with the still intact light blue wire and wha-la. Everything works as described.
I drove in all 3 modes - a lot... never a hick-up. It just works great. Three modes like 3 different carts... my wife and I can finally share a cart - LOL!

I have an email in to Alltrax tech - They are excellent help... and I will up date later.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:59 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Looks like Alltrax will be redoing an install video and the personality switch diagrams previously posted were pulled from the internet... somebody may have had the pug upside down when they were counting pins

Okay with the help of Alltrax tech support... I have tested this out on my test cart. 2005 Precedent.
The wire adapter comes with pre-installed pin connecters which simply clip in place when pushed into the empty hole.
Install the black wire into the vacant pin slot #4 as shown between the light blue and the purple wires,
Install the white wire into the vacant pin slot #11 as shown between the brown and blue with white stripe.
She works a charm and is actually easier to install than shown on the soon to be replace install video....lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FNKS 1.jpg (144.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg FNKS 2.jpg (152.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car