lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2017, 08:20 AM   #1
kimrpaige
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 48V DS will not move

Hello,
My 1999 DS 48V cart just died when I was attempting to put it away for the night. It just quit and now will not move. The Batteries are all over 8.3 volts, the solenoid clicks when gas pedal is pushed, and sometimes it will chug like it wants to go but nothing. Looks like all cables/wires are intact. Also when I connect the charger, the amp meter on the charger does not jump up halfway like it normally does. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Kim
kimrpaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2017, 11:25 AM   #2
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1999 48V DS will not move

Battery age ?
Sounds like it's not getting good current flow
to controller
Check
F/R sw ,1st suspect
Then
Loose/corroded/dirty cable/connection, solenoid contacts,
Then
& the 5k - 0 ohm from V-glide to controller ( though not in charge circuit)
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:25 PM   #3
kimrpaige
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Golfer Dave, I have troubleshot this cart before but just do not remember it all, LOL. I did replace the controller a year or so ago. I will check the wires on the solenoid and motor, just did not want to crawl on the ground, LOL. The total battery pack voltage is 49.7 volts and each battery reads 8.36, 8.63, 8.37, 8.23, 8.34, and 8.29. I am very mechanical and electrical, so thanks for the tips. Kim
Old 04-18-2017, 01:18 PM   #4
kimrpaige
Not Yet Wild

OK, update, I looked at all the wiring on the solenoid, controller, FNR switch, etc. and all is good. I then took my trusty 1/2 in wrench and proceeded to tighten or check for tightness on all the battery posts, and found the culprit. I had a bad battery post last year or so and instead of replacing the battery I went the cheap route and drilled, tapped and installed a stud in the post, well the cheap fix is not always the permanent fix. So this time around I will replace the culprit battery. Thanks again for the help, Kim
Old 04-19-2017, 01:12 AM   #5
midtown15
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

this solved the problem? even with full pack voltage?
midtown15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car