lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2017, 02:25 PM   #11
billfarley
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Battery load test

As far as I know it is all stock. I got it used from a dealer. Their delivery guy told me they got their carts from country clubs up north. I ran it about 15 minutes more this afternoon (without charging). The meter now reads 50.8v.

I was checking the meter while I was driving and it was running below 48v cruising. At one point is saw 45 something accelerating out of a turn. I am not sure, but I think before it would read 50+ cruising with a fresh charge. Now it feels like it needs to go on the charger soon right away. Also feels like slight power variations.

At this point I am thinking it is not the batteries. Thanks for you help trying to figure it out.
billfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2017, 02:35 PM   #12
billfarley
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

In case it matters, the serial number begins PH1337.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:13 PM   #13
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

OMG this many post and no one has told this poor guy he has a bad MCOR.
Do this when you drive cart and it seems not to run smooth. Stop turn key off or put cart in neutral. Press go pedal to floor about 20-30 times. If this helps then the MCOR is bad. Let us know what you find. This is the most common problem people have with newer club car carts.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:42 PM   #14
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Sure could be, but I was thinking the since it was a 2013 Precedent I2 Excel it had the newest version and they weren't problematic, but who knows right. I guess we will see if that test does anything. Sure would be nice to have a quick fix for him....

billfarley, you definitely need to let it fully charge. Hard to do any testing unless your at a full pack charge.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:49 PM   #15
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

I think that you need to go back to post #2 and check what Serigo suggested. What are the results of that test?
After that test is complete, It could be a MCOR problem.
Quote:
Not much of a test but the best I can do right now. Does it give you guys any clues? Driving it was not smooth,
What do you mean by not smooth? describe please.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:20 AM   #16
billfarley
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I will do the MCOR test on a full charge.
What is the MCOR?
Test from post 2 is not a problem.
By not smooth I mean more of a sensation rather than any jerkiness. A feeling that there are slight fluctuations in power.
Thanks for the advice.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:36 AM   #17
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by billfarley View Post
I will do the MCOR test on a full charge.
What is the MCOR?
Test from post 2 is not a problem.
By not smooth I mean more of a sensation rather than any jerkiness. A feeling that there are slight fluctuations in power.
Thanks for the advice.
Mcor is the throttle control unit. It has a switch inside that turns on to make the solenoid close when you press the pedal. Also there is a wipper arm inside that varies the resistance to control the speed of the cart. This unit is a black plastic box under the floor of the cart. After a while the wiper arm can wear or get oxidation build up. This can cause the throttle to feel jerkie or feel like power comes and goes. Pressing the pedal will wipe the oxidation enough to allow it to work better for a short time. If this is the case which yours it is time to replace the mcor. Hope this helps.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car