lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2017, 07:30 PM   #1
ndfan
Not Yet Wild

Default obc and charger

I just purchased a 14 precedent and really dont have a lot of knowledge when it comes to cc. With that said the guy gave me an "on board charger" (see pics). He said it was better and worked well with my obc. Today I went to change the controller and noticed that there was not an obc on my cart.

So my question is. Do I have the correct charger for my cart? It's my understanding that the obc is to turn the charger off. Witch will never happen if I do not have an obc.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
ndfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2017, 07:42 PM   #2
txpres
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Help with obc and charger

That is an ERIC charger that is a "smart" charger. It does not use the OBC.
It is the correct charger for a 2014 CC without an OBC.
txpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:43 PM   #3
ndfan
Not Yet Wild

Ok thank you very much

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
ndfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:46 PM   #4
sminker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

What txpres said. ERIC charger. Does it all. No more OBC to mess with when upgrading controller and wiring. Google 2014 Club Car Manual. It goes over what each blinking light mean. When the top one alone is blinking it's at high charge and pretty much topping off. Solid green is done.
sminker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:38 PM   #5
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminker View Post
What txpres said. ERIC charger. Does it all. No more OBC to mess with when upgrading controller and wiring. Google 2014 Club Car Manual. It goes over what each blinking light mean. When the top one alone is blinking it's at high charge and pretty much topping off. Solid green is done.

I have Dave (tahoeDawgz71) looking for a service manual for my 2014. I will let you know if he finds the part number. I do have a question on the E.R.I.C. Charger It can be set up for different batteries by the USB port. How do you know which battery it is set too? Do you need to purchase the software from Club Car dealer to check it? If any body knows the answer can you post it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:48 PM   #6
txpres
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbob View Post
I have Dave (tahoeDawgz71) looking for a service manual for my 2014. I will let you know if he finds the part number. I do have a question on the E.R.I.C. Charger It can be set up for different batteries by the USB port. How do you know which battery it is set too? Do you need to purchase the software from Club Car dealer to check it? If any body knows the answer can you post it.

Here is a picture of the cover of the 2014 manual. Maybe one of the numbers on the front is the part number.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0054.JPG (104.7 KB, 0 views)
txpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:52 PM   #7
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpres View Post
Here is a picture of the cover of the 2014 manual. Maybe one of the numbers on the front is the part number.

Thanks that was what I was looking for. Hope Dave sees this post he sent an email to club car requesting the number from them.

Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:09 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Unless Club Car has changed something, you can go to their website and sign-up/register you make, model and serial # and then you will have access to the owners manual, charger info, etc.

And the Part# is 105062901 (Check with Crash Test Dummy - he has access to lots of manuals and drawings)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car