lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2017, 08:08 PM   #11
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Where to start when picking new motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I imagine it wouldn't be able to do quite the same with just the stock motor. But we'll see. I hope to have the lift installed over the weekend and will see how she does.
Plum Quick Bandit Motor, Alltrax XCT 400 controller, 2 gage wires, Ranger 160 batteries gets me to 32 tops with 22" tires on the flat streets with enough torque to get out of the way with no problem....
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2017, 01:45 AM   #12
ZLM Customs
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Plumb quick hands down. That all I use in my customers carts down here in south Florida. You get 27 mph with a stock controller for a $300 motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZLM Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:19 PM   #13
Marauder
Getting Wild
Club Car

Ok....

I have had the lift and 23inch tires on the cart for a while now. I did it when it was cold and havent ridden the cart much since so just getting a good chance to test it all out. Just to remind everyone what else I have done, I have added a 500amp Alltrax controller, 2gauge cables, and the other stuff required for that install.

I am finding that the 28mph I am getting now is almost as fast as I want it. I wouldnt mind adding a few mph but with the all terrain tires the cart rides a little rougher than I want at that top speed so I wouldnt want to go over maybe 33+/- mph. But this isnt even a real requirement since 28mph is probably sufficient.

Torque wise it has a ton of power off the line and to get up and going. I did just install a rear seat 2 days ago and had a heavier friend (maybe 260lbs) on the back seat plus me (260lbs) and another neighbor (probably 180lbs). It was obvious that it did not get up to the top speed it does with me alone and could have probably used a little more torque to help with this. Not only did it not get up to full speed it definitely took longer to get where it eventually did. I would assume that more torque is what is needed here to help with this?????

I have my stock motor limited to 6000rpm by the way.

So with all that said, Any change in the recommendations above????
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:04 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There are many options out there. EMP will rework any motor for your needs. Or you may want the FSIP A3 motor. It is about 2Xs the hp of the original and I got 32mp out of it in 18s with no limit set... now running 27.5mph with 6000 rpm limit and 18s.
A2 more power (10hp) Will give good acceleration and stock motor speeds.
A4 maximum power (14hp) Less speed. There is a high speed map but only for use with stock tires. I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:57 PM   #15
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I am finding that the 28mph I am getting now is almost as fast as I want it.
How do you think your passengers feel. To them it probably feels like your doing a hundred. PS since I upgraded mine my wife won't hardly ride with me anymore.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:51 PM   #16
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
How do you think your passengers feel. To them it probably feels like your doing a hundred. PS since I upgraded mine my wife won't hardly ride with me anymore.
I get the same reaction when people are on the back of mine. Guessing it's because they can't see what's coming, they just see things "fly" by. This is at 15mph, code 3, mostly stock DS, peddle to the floor so bumps don't mess with the throttle response, which would stress them out more.

Guess a person needs to allocate another $150 for some "on the fly" adjuster to be installed to meet all the needs.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:04 PM   #17
Rexx321
Not Yet Wild

i would go with the 3 position preset dial and regen or speed
Rexx321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:08 PM   #18
Marauder
Getting Wild
Club Car

I do have the 3 position keyed switch that Scottyb sells. That helps a lot when you need to slow things down.
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car