lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #21
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My new EZ-GO

Open the charger and see if someone put a jumper on the relay on right in the picture below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2drawingofcharger.JPG (108.3 KB, 0 views)
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Make sure the charger is unplugged from both the cart and the AC wall outlet. Remove the 6 screws around the bottom of the cover and pull up on the handle. When looking at the front of the charger the control board is of the left side. If you are unsure about what you are looking at take a pic and post it here, we can help.

Have you bought yourself a digital hand held meter yet?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #23
URBANNGUERILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Make sure the charger is unplugged from both the cart and the AC wall outlet. Remove the 6 screws around the bottom of the cover and pull up on the handle. When looking at the front of the charger the control board is of the left side. If you are unsure about what you are looking at take a pic and post it here, we can help.

Have you bought yourself a digital hand held meter yet?
There are a lot of nice handheld digital multi-meters out there. Our technicians that work in the field (air conditioning and commercial refrigeration) usually own Fluke, Fieldpiece, or UEI, but Ideal digital multi-meters are also OK. I have an Ideal because they are usually a little less expensive, and I no longer work in the field. Do yourself a favor and get a meter that is back-lit. (the screen is illuminated) In my experience in the field, countless times before I got a back-lit meter I would find the meter "head" (where the digital screen is) was in a dark area that required more light to see. A back-lit meter will alleviate this problem of needing 3 hands- to hold 2 leads and a flashlight.
Here is what my personal meter looks like.

URBANNGUERILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #24
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a meter I have used for my 4X4 wiring.

I would like to get a meter for the dash of the cart showing me the battery voltage, I have one in my Landcruiser that shows me the voltage of both batteries at one glance. Call me a control freak but I like to know what is going on so I can get to the bottom of a potential problem ASAP.

I am working today (and tomorrow, gotta pay for that cart ) but will check when I get home today.

I also need to tighten the front steering assembly and check the spindle bearing on the drivers side, anyone know the torque specs?
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The front wheel bearings have always been snug then back off 1/4 turn or so until they spin free.
As for an in-dash meter to check main and auxiliary batteries check out my meter page
Old 02-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #26
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good info and thanks ScottyB!

How about torque specs for the front steering assembly (2 bolts that attach to the frame)?
Old 02-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

35-50 ft pds with new lock washers
Old 02-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #28
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well nothing is as good as it seems. I took the charger apart and there is not a jumper but the two wires are connected (disconnected from one of the terminals).

Looks like it has been under water, here are some pics

1-1.JPG

2-1.JPG

3-1.JPG

5-1.JPG

6-1.JPG
Old 02-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #29
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A few more...

7-1.JPG

8-1.JPG

9-1.JPG
Old 02-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #30
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So now I know why it did not shut off. Any suggestions? Apparently this is working so any hope in restoring it so it lasts until my decision when the batteries go bad to either buy more or upgrade to 48V?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO