lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2014, 10:33 PM   #1
ladyluckfarm
Not Yet Wild

Default Bad Boy buggy front drive out.

Hi Folks! New to the forum. I have a 2007 Bad boy classic that I use as a utility vehicle around the farm. Bought it used for not much, and it's been pretty good for what it is. I just replaced the batteries earlier this winter, and everything was working just fine until a couple days ago i got in some mud, and noticed that I was spinning the back tires, but not the front. Further investigation confirmed that the front drive is not working, though there is no problem driving until you get into a situation that calls for the 4x4. I have yet to check all the connections... that will be my first move, but beyond that, what should I look for. I know there are codes on the control module under the seat... does anybody have a list of what they are so I can see of what they mean? I'm glad to see the wealth of information that folks on this site have to offer. Thanks!
Mike
ladyluckfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2014, 06:35 AM   #2
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bad Boy buggy front drive out.

BBB info is scarce as the company apparently does not want anyone working on them. They treat service info and replacement parts with a secrecy that makes government agencies furious with envy. Vwst of luck, as your only hopr is to find a dealer and pay through the nose for them to throw random new parts at the cart until the problem gets fixed.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:49 AM   #3
dewzer
Getting Wild

Any infro I needed all I did was contact them and they faxed me the parts breakdowns and service infromation.
I would check ALL the connections like you mentioned including switches and fuses.
dewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:24 AM   #4
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Like dewzer, I called and finally got someone to send over a wiring diagram. I opened it up and it was a hand drawn diagram that looked like my 3 year old did it.

Does yours have the single controller? Check the contactor. Check the connections on the front motor.
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:25 AM   #5
dewzer
Getting Wild

Ha ha, thats funny, My wireing diag's were done in hand too. I think I had to call Austraila or something like that.
Just an FYI, EZ-GO deals with Bad Boy sence I have delt with that model cart, maybe a call to them might extract some information. Never did go to their websight to see if anything is available online.
Just thinking out loud
dewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO