lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
devybob
Gone Wild

Default 14 month old battery blew up

I have 7 batteries in my western golf cart that are 14 months old and 1 of the batteries blew up. The batteries were well maintained and read and preformed well until this incident. Naturally I don't like buying 7 new batteries,but because they are only 1 year old I'm thinking of only replacing 1 battery. I know everyone says I must replace them all but being only 14 months old I thought I might get away with it. " Interstate GC-2 from costco"
devybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2014, 06:29 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 14 month old battery blew up

Its your money, the new battery will settle in to the same capacity as the older ones after a while. But it is important that you clean everything with baking soda water as soon as possible to neutralize all the acid that was projected everywhere.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:39 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 14 month old battery blew up

See if you can buy a used battery of the same make, model, age, and capacity. If you live in an area where there are lotsa buggies, often folks will trade in all batts, when a few may still be good.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO