lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2014, 01:49 PM   #1
coosa
Gone Wild

Default Resistor Cart Motor Value?

I finally had time to remove the motor and other usable parts from my old 84 EZGO electric. I'm gonna offer them at a bargain price in the classified section here, but wonder what a bargain price might be? If nobody here wants them, I'll try to sell everything on an auction site for as much as I can get.

So what would be a fair price for an 84 motor in good condition?

And I also have a motor from an 81 3-wheel cart in good condition. They both have worked fine in the 84 cart. My wife burnt up the original motor in the late 90s by driving it very slow for a long distance. I had it rewound and have been using it ever since. I used the 81 motor while the other was being repaired and couldn't tell much difference in the power.

If somebody can give me a ball park figure as to their value, I will put them in the classified at a discount to their fair value. I'm gonna offer somebody a good deal on the other stuff too. I've gotten a lot from this forum and given back very little, so maybe I can give somebody a bargain.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2014, 08:28 PM   #2
nota
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Resistor Cart Motor Value?

10 OR 19 SPLINES motors ?
as 10 are low power and only work in older carts

did ez-go have more then a single model cart and motor in 84 ?

I guess they scrap at about 20-25 dollars for copper
as a very bottom line
and about 400 new

would the cost of the recent rewind be fair ?
nota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #3
coosa
Gone Wild

Thanks for the reply, Nota. They are both 10 spline, have a lot of torque but not much speed. I believe that sometime in 86 they switched to a different kind of motor, but I have no idea how far back before 81 they used this same style of motor. These motors sit at a 90 degree angle to the axle.

There seems to be a good many of the older style carts still running, so I would imagine there is some demand for the old motors. If I were still running a resistor cart, I'd sure like to have a backup motor. I won't scrap the motors; somebody will want them eventually so they can just sit in the shed. I will scrap the rest of the carts if nobody wants anything.

I paid $200 for the rewind job, but that was about 1999. I can't find one of these motors for sale anywhere on the internet, but did see a site that would sell a set of brushes for $60. I was thinking of offering the motors here for $100 + shipping. I think one will fit into a $17 flat rate box.

If anyone in this forum needs one of them, send me a pm.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:21 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

There is a "for sale/wanted" section on this site. Sometimes old and hard to get is more valuable, if you're willing to wait.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #5
coosa
Gone Wild

Yurtle - I'm planning to list it there; was just trying to get an idea if it has any real value. I gotta find time to take some pics and then will post them over in the classified forum.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:35 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Value is subjective. If someone needs one, it's valuable to them.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO