lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2015, 07:54 AM   #41
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO won't foward just reverse

If I understand the situation correctly, the cart was running normally except for some mechanical issues. The four cables attached to the motor were removed and after the mechanical repairs, each of the four cables were reattached to exactly the same studs on the motor that it had been removed from, but now the cart runs in Reverse, but not in Forward.

If I had the cart sitting in front of me:
1. I'd jack the rear tires off the ground and put on jackstands.
2. Jumper pack voltage to the solenoid's small terminal with the red wires attached to it so the solenoid is energized and the controller is powered up.
3. Connect a DVM between the controller's B- and M- terminals.
4. Shift the F/R lever to R and the DVM should read full pack voltage.
5. Shift the F/R lever to F and if the DVM does not read full pack voltage, I'd move the DVM test lead attached to M- to the A1 stud on the motor (or wherever the cable attached to the controller's M- terminal goes to) and if I didn't find pack voltage there, move the test lead to the next place in the single current path, then the next and the next until I found the pack voltage.

Whatever is between the last place voltage was not found and the first place the voltage is found, is the problem.

The attached drawing may not match the sequence of the cables, contacts and motor windings in your cart is in, but your cart still has the same things in a single series circuit between the battery pack's main Positive and main negative terminals.

Basically, you are troubleshooting a single electrical conductor with some lumps in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hi Current Circuit - Series Motor -simplified.JPG (73.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2015, 10:58 AM   #42
Pablob
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks johnnieb I will give it a try
Pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:41 AM   #43
Pablob
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Johnnie I finally found what was wrong a friend let borrow a stock motor and when I installed it everything worked so figured I probably spun one of the lugs on the motor so I sent it to plum quick to get rebuilt got back yesterday and should get it in tonite Thanks for all help
Old 10-28-2015, 08:04 AM   #44
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the feedback.

Hope rebuilding the motor solves the problem.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:09 AM   #45
Pablob
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

it did got it back in last night and it works great
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO