lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2016, 02:33 PM   #1
sltintexas
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2013 yamaha electric carts- any issues?

I am new to the golf cart world. I am getting ready to make a purchase of a used cart. The purpose would be neighbor hood cruising and light off roading- mainly through grass and maybe some dried dirt. I would be lifting it at some point, putting bigger tires on it and adding a back seat. I would want something faster than stock but mainly I was to have the power to load it with 4 people in a neighborhood with light hills. I am fine with (at some point) upgrading controllers or motors etc

I had my heart set on an EZ Go but I've seen some really good prices on some Yamaha carts (2013 for under $2000). I've done most of my research on EZ GOs so i am less familiar with any known Yamaha issues.

Anything I need to know or look out for on 2013 models? I see people refer to models starting with Gs...but many on CL in my area don't specify anything like that. How do I know model if it isn't listed. is that something based on the year or are there multiple models for 1 year?

For the price listed I would assume older batteries.

Thanks in advance.
sltintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2016, 02:51 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2013 yamaha electric carts- any issues?

2007 had 2 golf models offered, G22 & G29 "The Drive". All 2008 & newer golf models are G29 "Drive".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:08 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

2013 Yamaha will be G29 Drive. They are excellent carts - very popular where I live. I have a 2012.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:02 PM   #4
sltintexas
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks. What stock speed on this cart and what would it take to get speed up in the mid 20s. Again, I'd lift it, put bigger tires on it, and need enough torque to haul 4 people around a neighborhood with a few small hills.
sltintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:49 AM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Stock speed depends on what gears and speed setup it already has. Mine was 20mph stock but that was with high speed gears. Golf course setup is only about 14mph.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:31 AM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Nah, the factory (a "Stock" cart) does not use gears to adjust speed. Its all done with software settings up to 19mph. If your stock cart (stock 8" wheel) goes faster than 20 mph, the dealer or someone else has installed gears. The factory has never installed gears that allow stock controller & motor to go over 19 mph (with stock wheels).
Old 04-29-2016, 11:13 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I bought mine new from a dealer. It had the gear option and it went 19 MPH. Stock 18 inch tires, lights, etc. I don't know who installed the gears but it was on the invoice. It goes 25 now with my Alltrax and D&D motor but it only went about 19 when I got it. One thing that surprised me is that the Hitachi motor had a 4 pole speed sensor. I was told to expect it to be 8 pole.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:11 AM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

If it went 19 stock & 25 with alltrax & upgrade motor, it doesnt have high speed gears. Meh, but what do i know, not like i build them at a yamaha dealer.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:44 PM   #9
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It absolutely does have high speed gears. 9:1 ratio. It was written on the rear end and I counted the turns when I had the motor out. It's almost exactly 9:1.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:54 PM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

You have a Team axle, right? If Yamaha practices hasn't changed since my last factory training, a PTV cannot go faster than 19mph as per ANSI specs. As far as i know, yamaha does not sell a LSV (greater than 20.0 , but not more than 25 mph). They voluntarily adhere to ANSI specs because it's a major benefit when they go to court over bodily injuries. EZGO 2five is an example of a "federal compliant" LSV, with seat belts, more significant structure for roof, DOT glass windshield, available windshield wiper, all that street-use stuff.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha