lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2018, 03:15 PM   #1
davehc
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

Default 80 Harly Elec / Only one Bank Charging

Have a 1980 Harley MG-IV 36 volt . Can anyone tell me why only one bank , the driver / left side is not charging ? Right side is bubbling like crazy , and nothing on the left . According to the manual troubleshooting list , a bad motor diode will cause this . Checked , and found the one for this side was bad , put in new one , and still doing same thing . What else can it be ? Any help is appreciated .
davehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2018, 06:16 PM   #2
davehc
Not Yet Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: 80 Harly Elec / Only one Bank Charging

As reference for anyone with this problem , I think my problem is gone . After I replaced the bad Diode , and noticing the right side bank of battery's seemed to be the only side charging , I decided to just drive a few times till the battery gauge was showing low . I then tried charging again , and it charged fine , with a full charge both sides . So the only thing I can think happened is , when the Diode was bad and I didn't know it , and I was trying to charge it , it was trying to over charge the right side because the bad Diode wasent letting it charge the left side , and the driving it a while brought the right side down to match the left side . Yes sounds confusing but that's all I got out of the experience , and it seems fine now .
davehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson