lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2020, 04:26 PM   #31
Frankenbuggy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Navitas 5KW AC system with brake-modulated Regen - Photos

I'm interested in this as well. I have the 5kw system installed on my new-to-me precedent and it needs brakes especially since it goes a lot faster now.

Any further updates?

Frankenbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2020, 03:36 PM   #32
Danimal1228
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I too am interested in this. From what I can gather, the TAC 2.0 unit is universal. What separates the different versions for different carts is the built in adapter that provides the proper plug style for your cart, this makes it truly plug and play. If you look at the install manual for the TAC 2.0, specifically for the RXV version, it lists pin 16 as "Throttle In" and pin 17 as "Brake In." I also imagine that the firmware version for the TAC has to be matched to the specific adapter. My thoughts are, perhaps Navitas could produce a modified firmware for the non-RXV carts and include a new adapter that would allow a POT to be installed on the brake pedal. This would streamline all of this...

However, I doubt they would change their setup just to make this added feature that Im not sure most people would even understand or care about. Once I get my TAC installed, I plan on replicating your mod using a linear pot spring loaded to the brake pedal.

Keep us updated on your work
Danimal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 02:54 PM   #33
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast Kiteboarding View Post
For what it's worth....Here's the pin-out for the OTF controller. I'll have to probe it and see what it spits out.
Wondering if you've had a chance to learn anything else on tapping into the OTF for regen modulation?

Thanks!
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 05:14 AM   #34
Racer50200
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
Wondering if you've had a chance to learn anything else on tapping into the OTF for regen modulation?

Thanks!

I would also be very interested in a plug N play way to modulate regen with the brake pedal. I can't even use regen with the wife on board because it's too 'jerky' for her. This sounds like a great solution if we can make it happen!

Thanks!
Racer50200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 11:14 AM   #35
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer50200 View Post
I would also be very interested in a plug N play way to modulate regen with the brake pedal. I can't even use regen with the wife on board because it's too 'jerky' for her. This sounds like a great solution if we can make it happen!

Thanks!
Still using my mechanical link which has been bulletproof with daily use totaling well over 1,500 miles. Only thing I've done is tweak the adjustments on it a few times, and changed a few minor things on the original design making it a little simpler and easier to adjust.

Still very curious if anyone has attempted to put a pot between the OTF and the controller, or otherwise "simulate" OTF settings directly to the controller w/out using a mechanical interface though?

Or has anyone played with an OTF to see exactly what it is feeding to the controller on pins 2,3,4?
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car