lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2021, 09:38 AM   #1
cartergreg
Not Yet Wild

Default Converting resistor and 5 solenoid to a C42 V2 but the motor appears to be a sepex

I have a1986 Club car with the 5 solenoids and resistors. I ordered the C42 package and following the upgrade suggestions i have the mechanical forward and reverse lever switch. Everything appears to be a series system. When i cleaned the motor to my surprise it has F1 - F2 , A1 - A2 markings instead of the S1 - S2 markings. The model of the motor is Club Car 1012190. The car does not have the tow switch or has the pigtail hanging off of the motor. Everything is wired up as a stock 1986 series system. Has anyone come across this situation ? Could Club Car put on the wrong outside motor casing from the factory? the controller is a SR48400 and if i truly have a sepex motor i am assuming the controller will not work.
cartergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2021, 10:02 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Converting resistor and 5 solenoid to a C42 V2 but the motor appears to be a sepe

If it ever ran before it is NOT sepex. Many series motors were labeled with the S1 / S2. I know it confuses things, but an old resistor cart could never have worked with a sepex motor.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 10:14 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Converting resistor and 5 solenoid to a C42 V2 but the motor appears to be a sepe

I went looking through a bunch of old threads and even though that motor is marked with F terminals it is series. Replacement is 102237401
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:31 AM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

That is a series motor. This topic came up a couple years ago. Another person had one labeled with F1 and F2 as well from that vintage. I don't know how that happened.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 12:27 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Very common on industrial motors.
A terminals are Armature winding connections.
F terminals are Field winding connections. The terminal labeling is not indicative of the motor design, especially on older motors.
The labeling on later motors was changed as an easier way to identify them when Sepex motors started to become more common, but you will not find a sepex motor as an original motor in any cart older than about 1995.

One thing is for sure. Any old 36v motor in a golf cart is 100% series wound. Regardless of terminal labeling.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:55 PM   #6
cartergreg
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the reply, i figured it had to be a series motor but the F markings threw me off. I installed the conversion kit today and it works great.

Thanks again
cartergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car