lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2020, 02:49 PM   #1
ozycart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Maintenance and pricing questions

I have a 2008 Precedent. I've reached my limit mostly in terms of time and partially in terms of capabilities of what I can do to fix it up.

I have put in Allied Lithium batteries, bypassed the OBC, put on new wheels/tires, fixed seat hinges, etc.

The cart needs new bushings throughout the front suspension (already bought them from David@Revolution), and probably hasn't been lubed in years (certainly not since I got it several months ago).

It has a crappy voltage reducer and crappy LED headlights and taillights (the taillights are mounted behind where the golf bags go...LOL). One of the headlights flickers like a strobe light.

So, I need to get the following done to it:

1) replace front bushings
2) lube
3) put in decent 12v reducer and preferably a light bar up front and real taillights in the back on the rear fenders
4) what else should be done maintenance-wise after no maintenance for a long time?

Before I call my local golf cart shop, I'd like to have some idea what might be a reasonable price for each of these things. I can live without 3 for now. 1 and 2 probably really need doing. Also, do any shops ever come do this stuff in your driveway instead of charging extra to come pick up the cart and then drop it off again? I don't want to sound like too much of a newb if I ask the shop that...cause then I know my price will go up!

Thanks in advance.
ozycart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:00 PM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Maintenance and pricing questions

I have done 2 of the bushing kits today already and I charge around $200(including parts) for a full front bushing rebuild/lube/and Alignment(includes aligning steering wheel after front tires are done) and general check over of cart...I used to do road work but we now only offer in house service with pick-up/delivery but there are companies out there still doing the mobile thing...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:33 PM   #3
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
I have done 2 of the bushing kits today already and I charge around $200(including parts) for a full front bushing rebuild/lube/and Alignment(includes aligning steering wheel after front tires are done) and general check over of cart...I used to do road work but we now only offer in house service with pick-up/delivery but there are companies out there still doing the mobile thing...
$200 seems like a very reasonable price for everything listed.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:44 PM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
$200 seems like a very reasonable price for everything listed.
As you stated the job itself is pretty simple...can be time consuming if cart was around coastal areas and bushings got nasty but generally speaking they go fast especially after we had the lift installed...you are right about shops though we are decent I think but that “general check-over” can become a full list of everything wrong with a cart that it doesn’t necessarily need to get by...but you know how that goes...If a cart leaves my shop and goes a week then something happens we always get the “why didn’t you catch that when it was just there” lol
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:20 PM   #5
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

LOL, I understand that....but you know "customer is always right".....which anyone that works with the public knows is usually not the case. I always say "always make the customer think he's right".
Old 09-09-2020, 03:21 PM   #6
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Sounds like your pretty good at doing stuff.
1. It's not hard to replace bushings. Here's a you tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wCDybAuCyM
2. You can lube it while you got the cart jacked up.
3. The flickering light is either a bulb that is not getting good connection or a wire that the connecter is not pushed in all the way or new connector needs put on it.
All these are pretty simple fixes if done yourself. Bad thing about getting shop involved is they might find a lot of other stuff ($$$$) that "needs" to be replaced/repaired. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of reputable shops, but they are also some who need your money, and will take it from you if your not careful. Every time I work on my cart, I learn something new (mostly from this forum) that I didn't know before and have saved myself a lot of money. If you read many threads on here about people going to shops and having controllers replaced, only to find out it was a loose wire somewhere that was causing the problem.
Old 09-10-2020, 06:18 AM   #7
ozycart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank y'all for the feedback. After watching that video, I may go ahead and try doing the bushings myself. I know the innermost part of both front A-arms have bushings that are totally shot and giving me a lot of wiggle in the front wheels.

It's been fun getting this thing fixed up.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:23 AM   #8
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I would suggest that you go right now and hand your credit card to your wife! Have her strictly monitor your purchases for your cart. You can very easily get out of control with the upgrades. It's not unlike crystal Meth! Once you start, you read about something else that you got to have! It's addicting (but fun)! Good luck.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:30 AM   #9
ozycart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
I would suggest that you go right now and hand your credit card to your wife! Have her strictly monitor your purchases for your cart. You can very easily get out of control with the upgrades. It's not unlike crystal Meth! Once you start, you read about something else that you got to have! It's addicting (but fun)! Good luck.
LOL! I even forgot in my original post that I had also replaced a bad speed sensor and done the "Speed Code 5" hack device, so even on stock tires/controller/motor I'm up around 19/20 mph. Oh, and I replaced the stock steering wheel with a nice "fat" comfort one from a modern Tempo.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:10 AM   #10
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Yea, I think your addicted....Need rehab as soon as possible.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car