lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2015, 07:23 PM   #1
Marty9987
Not Yet Wild

Default Put in a used Fe290 into my 99 Club car. Pedal, Governor, Throttle Issues

Ok I put a replacement used motor out of a 01 club car into my 99 club car. I bought a replacement shift cable, accelerator cable and a governor cable. However I had to use the old govenor cable as the replacement that said it would fit was 7 inches too long and was binding when it was trying to move.

Ive been playing with the cables and trying to get everything adjusted right but i dont completly understand how it all works.

I found instructions online for the club car that says to turn the govenor shaft counter clockwise all the way until it stops then pull the arm that connects the govenor to the carborator and have the carberator in the wide open position. I guess i need a little more clarification on how that works. How much movement should there be on the carberator?

I seem to have slowed it down but it maybe shuts off too soon. Especially if im on it and it starts going down a hill it will cut off pretty quick.

Also the gas pedal is touchy to where its hard to keep a constant slow speed. I have the cart slowed down some by the govenor but it wants to get up and get to top speed pretty quick. It makes it kind of hard to turn around as my foot keeps tapping the pedal and the golf cart suges forward quickly.

Also even though I bought a replacement throttle return spring the govenor cable tends to get stuck all the way pulled back and the spring cant pull it forward because cable pulls the carb connector all the way back.

If someone has some insight on this i would appreciate it. I know nobody can tell me exaclty where everything should be but if i could get some pointers or maybe a little more explanation on how it all works i would appreciate it very much.

Thanks
Marty9987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2015, 08:51 PM   #2
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Put in a used Fe290 into my 99 Club car. Pedal, Governor, Throttle Issues

Off topic but what did that engine cost & what did it come with?
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:16 PM   #3
Marty9987
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Put in a used Fe290 into my 99 Club car. Pedal, Governor, Throttle Issues

Paid 750 for just the block, had to put the other stuff on. If i had the money about a month before i got this one i could of got a brand new fe290 on ebay for 650. I didnt have the money so i had to let it go.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:15 PM   #4
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

***.... $750 I didn't think they were worth that much.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:41 PM   #5
Marty9987
Not Yet Wild

So anyone have any advice? Any manuals I found didnt seem to be much help either.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:04 PM   #6
Marty9987
Not Yet Wild

Well today the cart now turns on and begins to run and runs for about 15 seconds and then dies. When i start it in nuetral and let it rev up the carb doesnt move back too much with the gas pedal down. When it starts to really rev up the govenor lets off on the throttle to slow it down..it revs up and the throttle kicks in and then revs and does the same thing about 4 times before it quits.

It takes a second for it to start again, like its flooded or something then does it all over again. Tried adjusting the air fuel ratio and that didnt seem to make much of a difference. Where should i start?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car