lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2016, 03:28 PM   #1
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Default 36V HD Wiring Help Needed

Hey everyone!
I have a 36V HD, year and S# plate is missing off of her, but I'd like to know what solenoids I need to replace the old ones with. Customer told me when he bought the vehicle that it has 2 deep cycle 12Vs in it and it ran fine, just slow. He recently put the 6- 6vs in there to make it a 36V system. Photos below. Any help you can offer me is greatly appreciated. The top two solenoids are 24V and the non-rusted solenoid is 6V. Are these correct?

IMG_9921.JPG

IMG_9922.JPG

IMG_9924.JPG

IMG_9925.JPG
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2016, 02:41 PM   #2
longld
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Re: 36V HD Wiring Help Needed

Did he change any of the solenoids when he made it a 12 v system?
longld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:50 PM   #3
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by longld View Post
Did he change any of the solenoids when he made it a 12 v system?
You mean from when it was a 12V system? It has the two 24V solenoids on top, which is why I'm trying to make sense of this machine. So I'm feeling that it was a 24V machine at some point.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:02 PM   #4
longld
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

I don't believe it was a 24v machine - all of the older HD machines seemed to be 36v systems. The picture of solenoid layout matches with a 67-71 wiring diagram I have for my cart. The battery layout (3 in front, 3 in rear) matches the layout for 66-71. If you look at used parts for these carts - only 6v and 12v solenoids are available so not sure how 24v ones are being used. Do you have the manual for these carts? If not I can email it to you. Wonder if the 24 solenoids were installed when converted to 12v system? Also did a charger come with it? Is it a 36v charger?
Old 05-20-2016, 02:30 PM   #5
FF Titus
Gone Wild

I'm stuck with what the client told me, that when he bought it from some weekend warrior, that man has two 12V deep cycle batteries on it and she ran. I'll direct message you on here, as I need a manual or a wiring diagram to get this thing out of my shop. Thank you very much!
Old 05-20-2016, 04:23 PM   #6
longld
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

OK, replied with two emails on wiring diagrams and full manual. I now believe that the two top solenoids were replaced with 24v ones when it was converted to a 12v battery system.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:30 PM   #7
longld
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

OK, just found the proper solenoid voltages for your model - use the following chart that we use for s/n identification - at the bottom of this chart is a solenoid chart that lists proper voltages - your top two solenoids should be 6v according to this chart!

http://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com/...l-number-guide
Old 05-21-2016, 05:55 AM   #8
johnny reb
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

mine is a 1969 the best i remember the contacts change the speed as you accelerate 1 and 2 contact is with a solenoid the 3 rd uses the tube and the micro switch kicks it wide open. the top are forward reverse the bottom 3 are speed. here are some pics also look up a manual there are downloads through this site google it or if you need one i have several
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hd_solenoid_map.jpg (81.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg HD66DEwiringdiagram.jpg (83.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg HD67_70DEwiringdiagram.jpg (129.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg HD71DEwiringdiagram.jpg (101.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg HD68DECwiringdiagram.jpg (110.3 KB, 0 views)
johnny reb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson