lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2016, 02:44 PM   #1
jbsmith05
Gone Wild

Default Regen Motor Braking Settings??

I like the regen feature of my DS (2006 model year AQ serial), but it seems that it only kicks in when I'm going downhill and/or hit a preset speed/rpm.

Is it possible that the regen braking can be applied based on the percentage of throttle your giving? For example say I'm going downhill...can the cart be made to operate where it doesn't fly away if I'm only slightly depressing the throttle - like you would in a car you lift off the throttle and you slow down (some)? Perhaps with an Alltrax XCT controller to engage regen based on how much/little the throttle is depressed? Is this possible?

Right now (assuming this is correct operation) the regen on my cart only engages at what seems to be a certain speed/rpm no matter where the throttle is, or if I let off the throttle completely going down hill - in which case I get the heads thrown forward due to the quick deceleration.

Thanks!
jbsmith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2016, 02:55 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Regen Motor Braking Settings??

The IQ system while throttle is applied, only engages the Regen brake to prevent the cart from exceeding the maximum speed set in the controller.

The Excel system will use Regen brake to keep down hill speed approximately proportional to the amount of throttle given.

Pedal up will engage full Regen brake in both systems.

I don't know how the XCT handles the Regen brake on partial throttle, but I would like to know as well.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:55 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What controller are you asking about?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think it would be the Alltrax XCT for IQ...
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:31 PM   #5
jbsmith05
Gone Wild

^^ Yes the Alltrax XCT for IQ...or really if there's any aftermarket controller that would/could do this.

My cart is stock right now. Was thinking of going to the Alltrax based on comments here.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:46 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsmith05 View Post
^^ Yes the Alltrax XCT for IQ...or really if there's any aftermarket controller that would/could do this.

My cart is stock right now. Was thinking of going to the Alltrax based on comments here.

Okay yeah - the XCT is the most versatile control on the market right now. The regen can infinitely adjusted from off to very aggressive. It can also be tailored to 3 different modes with the FNKS switch. http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_FN.html
The neat thing with the FNKS is the user presets a high/low limit for the regen in each user set mode and the dash switch lets the driver dial the regen anywhere in the preset band... hot happy with that range. Flip the 3 mode switch to a more aggressive preset or softer preset and fine tune the dial in that mode.
I don't know why we don't see more people using this, I put it on my 05 Precedent and it's fun just to play around with it
Old 10-04-2016, 05:05 AM   #7
jbsmith05
Gone Wild

Thanks for the reply...does that mean it would allow the regen brake to be proportional to the amount of throttle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2016, 03:39 PM   #8
jbsmith05
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Okay yeah - the XCT is the most versatile control on the market right now. The regen can infinitely adjusted from off to very aggressive. It can also be tailored to 3 different modes with the FNKS switch. http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_FN.html
The neat thing with the FNKS is the user presets a high/low limit for the regen in each user set mode and the dash switch lets the driver dial the regen anywhere in the preset band... hot happy with that range. Flip the 3 mode switch to a more aggressive preset or softer preset and fine tune the dial in that mode.
I don't know why we don't see more people using this, I put it on my 05 Precedent and it's fun just to play around with it
I wanted to bring this back up again...does this mean that the regen with an alltrax controller can be tuned to operate much the same way that it does in an Excel cart - whereas it is proportional to throttle input (so if I'm going down a steep hill with only 10% throttle given, it doesn't roll away at the current regen preset speed?)?
Old 10-10-2016, 04:06 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think you are asking about something very specific which might be best to ask Alltrax about. Give them a call and report back here. I would like to hear the answer.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car