lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2020, 03:39 PM   #1
Coheed
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Newbie to wiring... help needed.

Newbie to wiring, have searched and want to make sure I’m correct...

Taking out the 10a reducer, putting in a 30a reducer and fuse box (photos attached).

Current reducer doesn’t have a fuse on the 48+ side, new one does. Assuming I leave it there.

Reducer has 12gauge on the 12v side. But connect that to 10 or 12 gauge to the fuse box?

Lastly, bucket harness has a 20amp fuse in line. I planned on hooking the harness up to the fuse box... what’s the plan there?
Coheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2020, 07:44 PM   #2
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Default Re: Newbie to wiring... help needed.

I'm surprised that your old reducer didn't have a fuse. You need to leave the fuse on your 30 amp reducer. Hook that wire to the battery positive post, the one that has the red wire going to your controller.

Yes, connect the output of the reducer to your fuse block positive buss.

If possible, run the reducer ground to the B- terminal on the controller. It can be hooked up to the neg terminal on the battery that has the black wire going to your controller but the B- terminal would be better since the computer will compute juice used for your auxiliary, lights, radio, etc.

I Assume the yellow wire is your switch wire. If so, it needs to be ran to the switched side of the key.

Make sure your run/tow switch is in tow when doing the wiring.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 09:57 AM   #3
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Newbie to wiring... help needed.

I doubt that the yellow wire is a switch wire because it is only a 4-wire reducer. It looks like the red with the fuse is the 48V positive, the yellow is the 12V positive and the blacks are your negatives. Did it come with any sort of a wiring diagram or markings on the wires?

If what I said above is correct then the +48V (red) goes to the pack positive (positive of battery one). One of the blacks (it probably doesn't matter which one but follow your wiring diagram or markings) will go to the B- connection on the controller. If you have a Precedent there is a black wire with a yellow bullet connector behind the batteries, attach it to that because that's coming from B-.

The yellow will go to the positive of your fuse box and the other black to the negative of your fuse box (the negative buss).

Did your bucket harness come off the old reducer? If so then it can be connected to your fuse box but it won't need the fuse because the fuse in the fuse box will do that job (use the same size fuse as was in the bucket harness.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car