lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2020, 12:58 PM   #1
pnogrady@potml.com
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 1999 G19E Sparking a lot when reconnecting negative lead from computer back to batt

Hello all...I am very new to this, but here is what happened.

I installed brand new Trojan batteries a month ago when I bought the cart. Everything worked well. Just last week I disconnected the negative and positive leads going to solenoid and computer while in tow mode in order to remove the body and replace it. When I removed the body I noticed just how 20 years of dirt looked under the body so I powerwashed the areas NOT in the battery area and was very careful not to wash anything electric. While still in Tow mode when I reconnected the + terminal to solenoid and then went around the other side of the cart to connect the - terminal to the other battery-there was a ton of sparking-which it had not done before....and now...I have NO solenoid click and no movement.

It should be noted that I did disconnect a headlight that was attached to the old body and did not reconnect the reducer from it to the positive and negative posts that it was previously connected to...those are the ONLY wiring items that were touched.

I am just looking for advice on where to start...I have disconnected both sides going to the cart at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
pnogrady@potml.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2020, 02:10 PM   #2
pnogrady@potml.com
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1999 G19E Sparking a lot when reconnecting negative lead from computer back to ba

Just an update for anyone that may experience the same issue...it ended up being a bad solenoid. I was concerned that because I had no rollaway protection that it might be the controller...but I got lucky.
pnogrady@potml.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha