lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
littlekpd
Not Yet Wild

Default intake and exhaust valve seals

I just bought a set of valves to replace mine. when I took the head off I seen the intake has a seal but the exhaust doesnt also I cant seem to find one to buy. I'm asuming the exhaust side does not have a seal? G9 cart
littlekpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: intake and exhaust valve seals

The head is machined for a valve seal, but as I've learned here, just no reason for one, it would just get destroyed from the high heat the exhaust valve produces. Was there much play in the piston to cylender? Good luck on the head rebuild.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
littlekpd
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: intake and exhaust valve seals

There wasnt much play in the piston maybe 10-15 thousand. I also dont know how much is too much. thanks for the answer on the valve stem question. is 10-15 thousand to much play?
littlekpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha