lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Default G2 rearend

I'll be pulling out the rear end on my build cart to have the new axle tubes and diff case powdercoated... What is the absolute least that can come out for powdercoating? I know all seals and plastics must come out. Anyone have a pic of an open rear diff of a G2 or G9? Thanks!
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: G2 rearend

at 350-400F degrees i would take it all apart , i would put all new bearings in it while its apart
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:13 AM   #3
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Thanks rib... Who is a site sponsor that would carry bearings?
Old 05-02-2013, 03:50 AM   #4
Trent3
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I just did this (did not paint trans case) on my G2. Will you be having the aluminum case done also? The paint can be thick enough that it changes some clearances. My housings got paint in the machined part that holds the wheel bearing, and it took me a couple hours using paint stripper to clean it off. If I did a transmission case, I would take care to not get paint or sand on the inside!

My build is the first powdered coating I have had done. I really like it.

While I had mine all apart, my plan was to change the wheel bearings. From this forum, I learned that the hub welds must be ground out, hubs removed, old bearings removed, new bearings pressed, hubs pressed, hubs finally re-welded. This is all work that I could have done myself, and decided not to. Who knows how long my old bearings will last...

Trent
Trent3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Right Trent! I have had my trailing arms P/C'd on my sandrail and had to cap off the bearing races... I will take my time and block off the necessary locations
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha