lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2015, 03:07 AM   #1
Dogmike
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Post 1993 FE290 rebuild...and more

Whats up old friends from BGW? It's been awhile since I have posted anything on here and thought I would share my recent project (and maybe get some tips).
What I am doing is attempting a rebuild on a 1993 Kawasaki FE290 engine out of my club car. This is my first engine rebuild unsupervised (that was about 24 years ago) so basically its my first time but I think I can handle this.

Well, so to start, here's what prompted this rebuild. I drove the cart for around three years and it ran great, this past summer i began to notice an oil leak. Not so much dripping from the engine but getting slung around my clutches and coating the belts causing them to slip, which also caused the starter belt to slip and wouldn't turn the engine over.

I have narrowed it down to 2 places I think it is leaking from, #1 around the clutch side of my crankshaft, I believe around the seal, and #2 is a gasket (crankcase) at the rear of the engine. There are a couple questionable areas but I will look into those after I get everything cleaned up.

So, while I have the engine apart, I thought what the hell, I may as well replace the piston, rings, bearings and most likely have it bored .010 over (just so the new rings will wear in good).

Well that's it for the bottom end. The top end (head) is the only thing that intimidates me a little, ill be needing some advice on that. Well enough of the rambling, here are some pictures. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg engine8.jpg (174.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg engine6.jpg (191.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg engine5.jpg (211.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg engine2.jpg (223.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg engine4.jpg (181.7 KB, 0 views)
Dogmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, clutch puller, fe290, rebuild
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car