lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2015, 08:25 PM   #1
gnxtc2
Not Yet Wild

Default +00.5 DS fuel pump issue

First post here

Bought a used +00.5 gas Club Car last year to use as a pit vehicle when I'm at the drag strip. Ran fine last year but towards the end of the season, you had to hold the choke in for it run. That issue went away, thought nothing of it.

This past June, the engine just quit on me. I pop the seat and filters were dry. Yes, there was fuel in the tank.

I ordered new filters, new fuel pump, new petcock. I replaced the parts along with new hoses. I hit the gas peddle to prime the filters. The first filter filled 1/2 way and stopped. While motor was cranking, I put my finger over the breather on the fuel pump and there was suction. I then removed the vacuum/pulse hose off the pump and heard a gurgling noise. So I removed the hose off nipple on the crankcase and hit the gas pedal. Oil came out of the nipple so I put the hose back on. While the motor was cranking, I pulled the oil fill/dipstick and got showered with oil.

Why is there positive pressure in the crankcase? Is it normal?
Could the diaphram in the old fuel pump dry rot and cause fuel to enter the crankcase, over filling it?

When the motor quit, there no noise or smoke that steer me towards a broken piston or rings.

Small engines are not my strong point.

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car