lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2023, 08:18 AM   #11
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Costco Interstate Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenks View Post
I’m gonna guess the Costco Interstate battery is a lower quality. Just my thoughts at this point.
It might be, or like the walmart batteries it could just be a higher end battery thats been rebranded and sold at a lower price point vs another assembly line for a different battery which is often more cost than its worth.
Some of the store specific stuff has lower specs and sometimes the manufacturers still build the same stuff unless its a considerable saving to them to do otherwise.
augiedoggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2023, 09:30 AM   #12
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Most Costco stuff seems to be high quality rebranded from major manufacturers. I have no experience with their golf cart batteries though. I did buy their golf club wedges set and they are great - probably made by Callaway if I had to guess.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 10:00 AM   #13
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Most Costco stuff seems to be high quality rebranded from major manufacturers. I have no experience with their golf cart batteries though. I did buy their golf club wedges set and they are great - probably made by Callaway if I had to guess.
I can attest to the fact the Kirkland brand whiskey that comes in a crown royal esk bottle is also quite good for a store brand lol
jasonojordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 10:15 AM   #14
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

I can also tell you the craft beers that trader joes sells are actually relabeled craft beers that typically sell for more as well.
Old 03-26-2023, 01:14 PM   #15
Csimpler
Not Yet Wild

I inquired a month ago about the Costco batteries. They had two in stock and did not expect anymore any time soon. Checked 3 stores near enough to drive to. Decided to buy from a local family owned battery supplier. US Batteries red case $169 each
Very fresh manufactured in November.
Csimpler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 02:50 PM   #16
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
It might be, or like the walmart batteries it could just be a higher end battery thats been rebranded and sold at a lower price point vs another assembly line for a different battery which is often more cost than its worth.
Some of the store specific stuff has lower specs and sometimes the manufacturers still build the same stuff unless its a considerable saving to them to do otherwise.
I’ve watched the guy in the interstate battery truck delivering batteries. They’re all black and unlabeled in the truck (aside from the group/size label). They put on the Toyota “true start” or “true 2” labels depending how many batteries we orders of which type. Exact same battery only difference was the higher end battery carried a bit longer warranty. That is the big price difference. They also had rolls of duralast, die hard, and other labels as well for when they delivered to sears and other stores. Again the cost of different brands of their batteries basically reflected different lengths of warranty that come with that battery.

I don’t think the Costco interstates are any different than the interstate batteries you’d get anywhere else.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 07:10 AM   #17
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I’ve watched the guy in the interstate battery truck delivering batteries. They’re all black and unlabeled in the truck (aside from the group/size label). They put on the Toyota “true start” or “true 2” labels depending how many batteries we orders of which type. Exact same battery only difference was the higher end battery carried a bit longer warranty. That is the big price difference. They also had rolls of duralast, die hard, and other labels as well for when they delivered to sears and other stores. Again the cost of different brands of their batteries basically reflected different lengths of warranty that come with that battery.

I don’t think the Costco interstates are any different than the interstate batteries you’d get anywhere else.
I completely agree. That coicides with what the interstate guy told me years ago... its cheaper to sell the same product as different products in some cases than actually make a larger variety of products. (Same thing happens with electronics btw with software or case changes)
Its another case where you dont necessarily "get what you pay for" You get the same product regardless only a better exchange policy if it fails. Its more often the same scenerio when buying many things now. Where you get them and how much you pay is about support, return policy and perception, not necessarily better quality.. Even some vehicles are sold this way now. For example do you want the original Korean branded compact car or the ford or chevy version with the soapbox status that you bought american? Sure its 35% more money .. But its Better? Because its "made by?" a "brand" you can trust?
Old 03-27-2023, 10:04 AM   #18
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
I completely agree. That coicides with what the interstate guy told me years ago... its cheaper to sell the same product as different products in some cases than actually make a larger variety of products. (Same thing happens with electronics btw with software or case changes)
Its another case where you dont necessarily "get what you pay for" You get the same product regardless only a better exchange policy if it fails. Its more often the same scenerio when buying many things now. Where you get them and how much you pay is about support, return policy and perception, not necessarily better quality.. Even some vehicles are sold this way now. For example do you want the original Korean branded compact car or the ford or chevy version with the soapbox status that you bought american? Sure its 35% more money .. But its Better? Because its a "brand" you can trust?
Same story with washer fluid made by the company I used to work for. Same formula. Different label. Walmart brand was sold for $1.50gal less then the name brand.
jasonojordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 10:09 AM   #19
Trenks
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post

This was a concern of mine, it appears the good Interstate batteries have Green bodies which prompted my question.
Trenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 10:11 AM   #20
Trenks
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csimpler View Post
I inquired a month ago about the Costco batteries. They had two in stock and did not expect anymore any time soon. Checked 3 stores near enough to drive to. Decided to buy from a local family owned battery supplier. US Batteries red case $169 each
Very fresh manufactured in November.
240.00 difference. I guess in the grand scheme of things, it may be worth it to some folks.
Trenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car