lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2023, 11:36 AM   #1
Csimpler
Not Yet Wild

Default Hb3 led replacement

Anybody ever find a Hb3 led replacement bulb that works in the factory lamp housing?
Csimpler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2023, 11:47 AM   #2
Csimpler
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Hb3 led replacement

Sorry, I meant H3 bulb.
Old 03-26-2023, 12:30 PM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

LED bulbs have extra parts that prevent the common "fog light" style housings from closing over them.

Last edited by meimk; 03-26-2023 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: Typo
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 12:36 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Good thread here https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...81+bulb&page=2
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 11:34 AM   #5
Csimpler
Not Yet Wild

Ordered some from Amazon. Picture shows led at the same distance from the base as an incandescent bulb. I am curious that the filament in the original lamp is oriented horizontally, so it reflects off the top and bottom of the reflector which is the smallest area. I am going to experiment with rotating the bulb 90 degrees so the light reflects off the sides of the reflector which is considerably larger. Most posts state led bulbs don't reflect well in stocks housings. I belive this is because the led is not correctly oriented to the reflector. Will be experimenting and will pass on my results in a few weeks. Cart is at the beach, I'm not, unfortunately.
Old 04-05-2023, 07:44 PM   #6
Csimpler
Not Yet Wild

Got the bulbs from Amazon. H3 fog light bulbs. These pictured the leds the same distance from the base as the filament in a standard h3 bulb. Filed notches in the mounting ring so the bulb can be rotated orienting the leds to shine to the sides of the reflector as opposed to the top and bottom. Dramatic improvement. Beam is taller and wider. Leds are much brighter and whiter. Test drove tonight, very satisfied. Can actually see down the road.
Old 04-06-2023, 03:57 AM   #7
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Hb3 led replacement

Edit: misread though you were looking for the light not the side light. My bad. I never looked into the side running light, now you got me thinking!
Beerman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 06:42 AM   #8
Csimpler
Not Yet Wild

Actually Beerman these were for the headlights. My running lights don't work. Someone has clipped the wires. Need headlights and taillights in the trailerhood to drive at night. Thought about redoing the whole lighting system to make Street legal but in NC only a certified manufacturer can do it. Trailerhood at the beach is 90% private roads so no need to be Street legal. Fortunately even when I have passed local LE on public roads they just wave and carry on. Probably not worth the effort to stop someone who is behaving.
Old 04-06-2023, 06:55 AM   #9
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

I use these in the headlights, plug and play. Work much better than the halogens
Beerman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 07:12 AM   #10
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman24 View Post

I use these in the headlights, plug and play. Work much better than the halogens
the issue I see here is no fan. So either those are low powr leds or the lifespan of those would be fairly short in a vehicle where they would remain on for a decent amount of time.

I have about half a dozen different sets of led conversion bulbs since I went through the same thing trying to find one that positioned the leds in the correct spot in my old ridgelines stock housing I also tried a few in my ram before just giving up and going the HID route.

Anyway I had a couple of these led bulbs fail in fairly short periods of time.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car