lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
SURVIVORMAN_2012@YAHOO
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 91 club car fwd/rev switch diagram

does anyone have a diagram for fwd/rev selector switch? my cart crawls fwd and will snap your neck in reverse. all wiring at motor and batts checked with diagram, but main wiring diagram lacks detail of fwd/rev switch wiring detail. any help would be appreciated.
SURVIVORMAN_2012@YAHOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 91 club car fwd/rev switch diagram

I have a diagram of replacements F&R switches for older models like yours that I can send you if you will send me a personal message with your email address.
It really sounds as if you have wiring incorrect as older Club Cars had a center battery tap that gave only half battery power in reverse.
Was cart running correctly before this problem?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
SURVIVORMAN_2012@YAHOO
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

bought it as is 250.00 lol. put a set of 07 trojans in EXACTLY as they were and have compared to wiring diagram. everything seems to be in proper locations, but wiring diagram doesn't show detail at the fwd/rev switch lugs.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:43 AM   #4
SURVIVORMAN_2012@YAHOO
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

also, my e-mail is my username. Looking for personal message tool to send message.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:49 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you have S1 and S2 reversed at the F&R or the motor. These carts were originally set up with 2 seperate Positive feeds at the bottom of the F&R Red goes to the battery pack 36v for forward power. Green went to positive on the 3rd battery for 18v power to reverse. This may be okay fro golf but has no place around the ranch or offroad. The simple fix is to remove the Green connection at battery #3 and simple connect it to the other F&R terminal next to it where the red is coming in from the battery pack. In this way you get 36 V to both F&R or R&F as your case may be
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 80s CC F&R.jpg (58.2 KB, 60 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #6
SURVIVORMAN_2012@YAHOO
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you for all your help. The hand drawn diagram identified the problem as the low and high voltage lead ins to the fw/rv switch were reversed. Upon finding that, I corrected the problem, and added the high speed reverse loop, which gave me full power in all ranges! I really appreciate you guys, and the site for making good people and info available to those who wish to enjoy thier "buggies" to the fullest!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car