lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
chris sanders
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2000 ezgo problem

Hey guys can use some help. My wife took the golf cart riding with her mom and grandma, rode for awhile and climbed a pretty big hill. Cart lost power on them. Went to see about it an it was low on oil and very hot. Took everybody home and the wife and I went back with oil, put about a third of a quart in it and got it to running and drove it home ran decent with what seemed to be a little less power didn't have to go very far. When I pulled it in the garage oil was driping out from under it. Got a light and it was a small stream running down form the bottom corner of the timming chain cover to the triangle where the oil filter is. The cart is lifted 4 inches and is on mobil one synthetic. Have heard not to use synthetic on air cooled but hadn't changed it back yet. Cart starts good and runs decent but the oil is a small stream coming out now always had a little under it after it sat and you had run it but nothing like now. Also had seemed to be running hotter the last few times it was rode( could smell it had a hot smell). Gotta get it fixed my little three year old will go crazy. Where should I start does any of this sound common? 2000 ezgo 295 gas with a shorter belt and 4 inch lift and 20 inch tires. Thanks for any ideas! One stupid question where is the pcv valve?

Last edited by chris sanders; 09-19-2010 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: forgot something
chris sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 ezgo problem

No PCV that I know of, the blow by goes in to the breather and pulses the fuel pump.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:09 PM   #3
chris sanders
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks couldn't find one would anything else make sense why the leak all of a sudden?
Old 09-19-2010, 09:18 PM   #4
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

if you got it really hot, the oil seal on the end of the camshaft may have failed.. You'll need to pull the cover off of the timing belt to verify..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #5
chris sanders
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Will check that tommorrow how hard is that to change and do I need get away form syntethic
Old 09-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #6
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Synthetic oil is not your problem (running low on oil is), in fact it may have saved the bottom end when it got that hot.. If it got hot enough to blow the cam oil seal, I'd plan on pulling the head and check the valves, valve stem seals, and check the head for warping.. Since you said it felt down on power, it may have blown a head gasket or warped a valve..

Here's a link to the engine service manual.. POKE HERE
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #7
chris sanders
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the help. Hope its not that bad but could be. Would the muffler have anything to do with it been reading about causing crankcase pressure. It has seemed to be a little hotter smelling for awhile but we have had hotter weather and has always leaked a little and seemed to leak more when hot.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO