lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2008, 08:20 PM   #11
loopygroup
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Hard Starting 1989 2 Stroke

You should pull the pulse hose off and check for gas in that hose. you will need to do this after it has been started then shut off because if the diaghrahm is leaking the hose will drain into the engine when it sits.
There should be no gas at that hose.
This will cause flooding and result in difficult starts.
I did not have this info when I gave the seal/lean diagnosis.
Does it seem like it it going through an awful lot of gas?
If the case is filling up with gas it will leak past the seals and will also pump fuel into the exhaust when you crank the engine.
it will take a minute of cranking before the excess is pumped out before the engine fires. Also if the float is stuck it will create a siphon after you shut it off and also flood the case.
If you are not familiar with the operation of two stroke engines I recommend looking it up it will help you greatly to understand what may be going on..
as for your oil pump, why do you think it is not working?
There will be no pump cable they are set to operate wide open.
If your not sure disconect and cap the oil lines and continue mixing(better safe than sorry) the proper mix would be 40:1 with a good oil this is on the safe side.
loopygroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2008, 09:04 PM   #12
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Smile Re: Hard Starting 1989 2 Stroke

I went ahead and ordered a new fuel pump and crank seals in the event I need them. I don't think the carb is at fault since I cleaned and inspected it and it looked fine. I will r and r the fuel pump as soon as the new one comes in and see how it does. There is no oil in the pump to carb line so I am pretty sure the oil pump is not working. I will keep mixing for now and replace it later when $$$ permit. I am going to start prepping for paint tomorrow. Thanks again for your help.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO