lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2008, 12:59 AM   #1
mhebb
Not Yet Wild

Default 1989 EZ GO Bogging out

I am a newbie cart owner. Just bought a lifted cart that was supposibly rebuilt. It runs great for about 10 mins then it will just bogg out like it is flooded. If I let it sit for 10 mins it will fire up no problem, but do the same when it gets hot again. Can the exhaust system cause this? There is a modified exhaust (White Bros) on the cart. Looks like a motor cycle exhaust, probably for a 4 cycle. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks,
mhebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2008, 06:47 AM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: 1989 EZ GO Bogging out

Welcome to BGW!!

Sounds to me like it's a fuel problem. I would start by removing the bowl from the carb and cleaning everything. Check the float, make sure it's moving freely. Maybe just pull the carb off for a good cleaning.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum mhebb..............
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:45 AM   #4
mhebb
Not Yet Wild

I will give that a try and let you know. Any idea's on where to get a service manual?
Old 08-22-2008, 12:12 PM   #5
bustin-bs
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Check the simple things first take the air horn (tube) off and make sure the choke butter fly is in the ocrrect position, might be slipping closed (do to motor vibration) choke cable might be worn or slipping make sure the choke plate is open.
bustin-bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:08 PM   #6
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Have you replaced the sparkplug recently at all? A fowled, old plug could cause this. "Engine will start fine, but once the internal oil soaked ciramic gets warm, the plug internal shorts, and you have a weak spark".

But check for fuel problem first.
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #7
mhebb
Not Yet Wild

Well, I pulled the plug today and it was definately fowled. I put a new one in and she fired up and ran better than ever for a while. She is still getting too much fuel. I removed the carb bowl and checked things out and I think it may be jetted incorrectly. It is definately running better so I am going after the jets next. Let me know if you have any further suggestions and Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO