lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
Andy_T
Not Yet Wild

Default Next Issue: Fuel Pump

Now that I have the F-N-R switch fixed, and the starter/generator is working...

Ok, what's the trick to priming the fuel pump? I'm not pumping gas. I've tried priming the pump with a vacuum pump. I've replaced the fuel filters and hoses. I've checked to make sure the pickup tube in the gas tank didn't fall off. I've even tried to back fill the pump by pouring gas down the hose from the carb to the pump.... It fires just fine with starter fluid, and I've even tried to pump it into a can, but I have zero fuel flow..... GRRRR.....
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2014, 09:53 PM   #2
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: Next Issue: Fuel Pump

I use an injection syringe for turkeys. I remove the hose coming into and out of the pump and I fill them with fuel. I also fill the pump inlet.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #3
Morgan44
Gone Wild

The easiest way I've found is remove the supply line going to the carb, get an old towel, ball it up and put over the gas tank opening. Now take a compressor with a blow gun and slide the head through the towel and into the tank and blow easy. It will start pushing through the hose. The towel will get some fuel on it so be prepared. I actually drilled the right size whole through a block of wood to fit the blow gun. Now mess that way, but a little work. Make sense?
Morgan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:00 PM   #4
Andy_T
Not Yet Wild

Stay tuned......
Old 01-29-2014, 10:28 PM   #5
Andy_T
Not Yet Wild

PITA..... Ok, got it, thanks. Primed from the inlet hose to the pump and that did the trick. I had primed to the steel tube earlier, but not the hose from the tube to the pump. Maybe I can finally button this sucker up and get it back to the golf course this weekend~!
Old 01-29-2014, 10:33 PM   #6
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Great! NOW can you just go and drive it?
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:47 AM   #7
Andy_T
Not Yet Wild

Almost..... I still need to paint the rear view mirror (one of those full cart width ones), put the top on, fit the new canvas, and secure the accessory grounding block. That's tonight.... I also need to stop by Home Depot and pick up a few sheets of T1-11 and some 2x4's to finish off the golf cart garage up at the cabin~! Lastly, I need to clean up the garage and put the boat back in it... And somewhere in the to-do list is pick up more beer~!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO