lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2015, 09:06 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo surging

It sounds like you have 2 problems with this cart.
1. throttle signal erratic - Check ITS and ITS connector for corrosion and water (moisture)
2. Intermittent solenoid failure - check solenoid activation circuit for corrosion or damaged wires. See the red lines on diagram below. The cart should have 36v at all ends of all red lines when the pedal is depressed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Series solenoid activation diagram.jpg (107.9 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2015, 11:49 AM   #12
Blackbeard
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scotty!! I will check those things this afternoon and post back. How do I access the pedal box and ITS?
Blackbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:32 PM   #13
Blackbeard
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: ezgo surging

Checked all connections on cart and checked solenoid circuit at present I am getting 36 volts at the end of the red lines in diagram when the accelerator is pressed. I opened the pedal box no moisture or corrosion at all everything inside was spotless and connections looked brand new. No signs of moisture or corrosion on anything under the environmental cover either and all connections were tight. I ran the cart for a couple miles with no issues. Any ideas. Wife says she can't remember if she heard any beeps before the cart quit. Shouldn't a pds control throw a code before going into thermal shut down? Could the solenoid intermittently fail and then work again. Sure it's just a matter of time before the problem shows itself again. Just trying to prevent myself from being left stranded. Thanks for everyone's help!!!
Old 06-19-2015, 10:59 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Stay close to home. A solenoid or switch could be intermittent.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:05 PM   #15
Blackbeard
Not Yet Wild

Still having problems with my cart. I am now getting a high pedal disable code from the control. I have checked the pedal plunger and ITS and it is adjusted correctly. All looks good in the pedal box. There is no connector between the ITS wire and the control as described in troubleshooting procedure just a continuous wire from ITS to control.The cart runs normally sometimes and then all of a sudden will quit with the high pedal disable fault code. Anyone else had this happen? What was the problem? Seems like if I mess with the accelerator enough it will start going again sometimes. I checked the solenoid and it tested good. When cart dies the solenoid does not click when pedal is pushed. Any suggestions? Not sure I see the six pin connector to the control looks like a 8 pin connector to me. I will figure this out one way or another. Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:21 PM   #16
Blackbeard
Not Yet Wild

Just wanted to post up what was wrong with my cart. Bad ITS. Back up and running strong again. Thanks to all who replied!! Learned alot about how these things run!!
Old 06-27-2015, 01:18 PM   #17
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Referring to Scotty's diagram (post #11) I don't think a bad ITS would cause solenoid not to click. You may have another problem in addition to the bad ITS.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:58 PM   #18
Blackbeard
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: ezgo surging

Been running good with no problems for a few days. Noticed immediately once I installed the new ITS sensor that acceleration was smoother than when the cart would intermittently run before. I havent had any more surging and erratic speed with the new ITS installed. Maybe somehow the faulty ITS sensor was telling the control that the accelerator was still active and thats why the solenoid did not click when the cart wouldnt run? Because the circuit was already active? Does that make sense? Dont know the answer. I guess only time will tell if I have corrected the problem. The old ITS I pulled out looked fine. Maybe one of the golf cart gurus (scotty, Johnie) will chime in and help explain? Thanks again for all responses!!
Old 06-28-2015, 08:14 AM   #19
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You have a PDS. Yes the ITS will cause the cart to act like that. The diagram I was referring to in post 11 is not a PDS. A suspect intermittent ITS is easier and safer to just go ahead and substitute a new one than to go through the voltage and current measurements to prove it is bad.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:00 PM   #20
Blackbeard
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: ezgo surging

ITS sensor did not test out ok. That is why I replaced it. That part is to expensive ($185) to just guess on as my local ezgo dealer will not take returns on electrical parts. These things are not that hard to work on at least my year and model. I have done wheel bearings, axle bearings, brakes etc. .. on this cart. This was the first time (and i'm sure not the last) that I have had an electrical failure. Diagnosing an intermittent electrical problem on a golf cart can be difficult especially for an amateur. Once I started to understand how pds electric golf carts work and what the different electrical components do + a little guidance from my good friends on this site, it all started to make sense. High pedal disable fault code+intermittent operation+erratic and surging acceleration = faulty ITS. Thanks again for all replies !! Hope this helps others figure out what's wrong with there golf cart!!: love this site !!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO