lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2015, 02:27 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: Charger plug receptacle

yes .. blown fuse is a problem
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2015, 04:05 PM   #12
kittikeeper
Not Yet Wild

The fuse doesn't say anything on it...the charger says DC amps 25...The charger is a Lestermatic Model 8714...can't find much information... what I find indicates it takes a 25 amp fuse
kittikeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:41 PM   #13
crash test dummy

what does fuse look like ?
most are 40 or 50 amp fuse

Old 06-27-2015, 05:16 PM   #14
kittikeeper
Not Yet Wild

Its flat and kind of triangular in shape and a plastic lens over it
Old 06-27-2015, 05:37 PM   #15
crash test dummy

Lestronic II Golf Cart Charger 25 Amp Dual Link Fuse

Quote:
This is a replacement for the 40 Amp Main Fuse in the Lestronic II Battery Charger. It comes with a bubble cover to protect the fuse. Often this fuse blows because of a failure of one or both of the two diodes in the diode array.

The diodes are usually found on an aluminum plate, called the 'heat sink'. Be sure to test both diodes in the array before replacing this fuse. A charger that does not work and has suddenly started to buzz loudly, or if the building circuit breaker throws a few moments after the charger is plugged into the car you may have a blown diode. The bad diode must be replaced before installing the new fuse or it will blow again. Click on the Diode Array link above to see how to test the diodes. Be sure to check both diodes before replacing this fuse.

This 40 Amp Bubble Fuse will fit Lester charger model numbers: 9600, 9513, 9475, 9080.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:24 PM   #16
kittikeeper
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for all your help... I will need help checking the diodes... I'll let you know the outcome Loretta
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO