lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2015, 10:17 PM   #1
CA Bud
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 95 Feedom fuse panel

Hey guys new to the forum and it seems to have some smart people and good info. My new to me cart has what looks like a factory fuse panel, I assume to run the lights and horn as it tests out at 12 volts? Can I use one of the open spaces to run a stereo? Is this a factory voltage reducer coming from the 36volts. Thanks for the help and look forward to being around and learning more
CA Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2015, 01:13 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 95 Feedom fuse panel

It likely is a factory light & fuse panel setup. The factory setup has no "voltage reducer" it "steals" power from 2 of your 6 batteries. This will result in those 2 batteries getting un-balanced from the others with a lot of 12v light & stereo use (not good for long term battery health). Problem is, all batteries are being charged by one charger that supplies power in equal amounts to each battery, but, 2 of your batteries are having more power taken from them than the rest. While your current setup will supply plenty of power for your lights and a stereo, Adding a voltage reducer is a good idea for your batteries long term health.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:46 AM   #3
CA Bud
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 Feedom fuse panel

Thanks CGTECH for the reply. So I should look to see if I have extra wires coming off a couple of batteries right? I don't remember seeing that but I will take a look and if so I will get a voltage reducer and change that up. Had one of those on my CC
CA Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO