lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2015, 08:36 PM   #1
B-RAD G
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Solenoid getting hot and cart won't go

I have a 2006 EZGO PDS and recently purchased the 808 controller package from Scotty at carts unlimited to replace the original controller that was bad. After installing it was still a no go. I called Scotty and he run me through some checks and discovered that the ITS was bad. I replaced the ITS and the cart ran great about 4 different trips. The 5th trip me, my wife and child road for about 45 minutes at an average speed of about 15 mph (never full throttle) and when we got back to the house I dropped them off and the cart started to move but stopped. I pressed the accelerator several times but the solenoid would not pick up. I picked the seat up and the solenoid was to hot to touch. Let it sit for about 5 minutes and it started working again. Went on a trip to the store this past weekend ( store is only about 3 miles from house) average speed around 15 mph and got store, went in and when I come out the cart started to move and then quit. It did it several times . I picked up seat and the solenoid was extremely hot again. Let it sit for a few minutes and still nothing. I then tapped on the solenoid several times and then tried it again and it went to working again. I was just wondering if anyone may have some kind of idea about why it is getting so hot. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
The cart is lifted and has 23 inch tires. Thanks
B-RAD G is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2015, 09:03 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Solenoid getting hot and cart won't go

did you buy the heavy duty solenoid ?
Old 06-29-2015, 09:13 PM   #3
B-RAD G
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The heavy duty solenoid come with the controller as a package deal. It also come a new diode and resistor.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:19 PM   #4
crash test dummy

i would give scotty a call in the morning
Old 06-29-2015, 09:33 PM   #5
B-RAD G
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea I was gonna call today but I figured I would wait until tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO