lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2015, 09:27 AM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2006 36v EZGO charging issue

I have measured with the diodes connected & disconnected (i dont think it matters, as long as a diode is not shorted). If you measure at the 2 outer screw terminals, the juice has not yet passed through the diode, and is still ac.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2015, 05:10 AM   #12
vandv
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2006 36v EZGO charging issue

Thought I would leave a follow up for everyone interested.
The batteries were old and needed to be replaced. The new batteries worked fine until the factory charge ran out. When I plugged in the charger I heard the CLICK and left it on until it turned of thinking it was fully charged. Didn't realize the charger automatically turns off after a certain amount of time. Thinking it was fully charged I took off again without thinking about it only to find out it didn't last long. I went through all the test recommended by the GC gurus on BGW. Diagnosed the batteries good and charger bad. Spent $150 +/-on all the charger replacement parts. Plugged in the charger, heard the click and left it for the day. Measured 35v's afterwards, can you say disappointed?
Took the charger to a local GC shop to get tested on 8/23. They still have not tested it as of today, 9/2. I think the transformer must have shorted together internally since I tested voltage on the load side. Ordered a LESTER charger on "GolfCartGarage.com" for $360ttl. Received it in less than 24hrs plugged it in and BAM! it worked.
Summary;
Get to know your cart by doing your research.
Don't even think you understand it because most likely you don't.
BGW is the best source of help/advice on the internet. These guys know their stuff
Thanks guys,
V
vandv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36v powerwise charger, powerwise charger
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO