lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2015, 02:50 PM   #11
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Spun HUB 10 time now Broke AXLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
You can get the brakes (which include the hubs), or just the hubs.
Would you say this is a comparable solution to the following link:

www wheelsca com/REAR-DISC.html

I have been looking the above for breaks but really did not want to get involved with hydraulics. Do you have any idea how the mechanical breaks compare to the hydraulic. I was also not sure when comparing the hub strength of the two kits. With the power I am pushing this HUB problem has got out of hand and needs to get fixed once and for all.

thanks again
rm2077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2015, 02:58 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I actually have a set of those (without the hubs, not used on G2). I dont have them installed, so i cant really compare them.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:14 PM   #13
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I actually have a set of those (without the hubs, not used on G2). I dont have them installed, so i cant really compare them.
I need to get this cart going quick for an upcoming camping trip so I would prefer to avoid the hydraulic setup if the Ausco set up will work close to as well. In your opinion is the Ausco Hub and break kit will be a noticeable improvement over OEM??. Have you heard of this setup spinning hubs like the factor setup does? I guess if it did at leas they make just a replacement HUM rather than buying another kit.

thanks again
Old 08-30-2015, 05:00 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I am currently using the Ausco disc brake kit, its better than stock for sure. You can get the hubs by themselves, The heavy duty ones are Very rare to wear out (compared to the stock stuff that fails all the time). I cant say you will never do a hub for the rest of your life (doing wheelies is rough on the parts), but you wont be telling the story of 10 drums, which is about $500 in drums, ouch. The only way i have seen them worn out involved being run while the hub nut was loose (should check them every once in a while).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:55 PM   #15
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

@ cgtech Thanks for the info. I am going to order a set tomorrow with the brakes. For the small price difference it seems worth while. I am so tired of replacing stock HUBs I am just glad to have something else to try.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:33 PM   #16
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

You will be happy with the Ausco mechanical brakes. I am using them on my Big Cart, its twin motor, 4 wheel drive, stretched 4 seater with work bed. It also has 9 eight volt batteries and a 12 volt GC battery for accessories, so its very heavy. The Auscos work for my heavy cart, So they will work for you.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:11 PM   #17
rm2077
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Done and ordered. Now all I need to do is source an axel locally and I may be able to get everything installed next weekend.

Thanks for the help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO