lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2015, 10:00 PM   #1
Bflanders5
Not Yet Wild

Default F & R Contactors

Does anyone know who else sales F & R Contactors other than Carts Unlimited ( Scotty B)???

I have a set from him and cant seem to get anything working. I ask questions and find my own answers on this forum faster than he can answer. I am stumped and it is obvious he is stumped.

I just want to get this thing running. Only reason why I bought all new through him was to avoid this sort of thing. In any case, would love some feedback on how I can move forward. Not trying to bad mouth him but nothing seems to be getting done.

If anyone has some input let me know. Thx
Bflanders5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2015, 01:12 AM   #2
mooneyes
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: F & R Contactors

i got mine from scottyb and it works flawlessly do you have the wiring diagram and was everything in working order before changing to this setup
mooneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:35 AM   #3
fireboat
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I got mine from ScottyB also, it took a few emails back and forth but it has worked perfectly since. I have nothing but good to say about him. He will get back to you, usually at the end of each business day.

Perhaps trying to post here? Post up all the details and a pic or two, there are other very knowledgeable people here that can help also. I know it can be frustrating but you will get it going.
fireboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:55 AM   #4
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Those Albright contactors are pretty strait forward, not much to go wrong with them. I would have to guess you have it wired wrong.

Let us know your application (cart brand, year, drive system, and voltage) and you will get the help you need.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:10 AM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Yeah....I'm having a tough time thinking you can't get a right answer from ScottyB. I purchased his Super Duty Contactors and had 'em working in no time. The HD Contactors wire up the same way so I'm certain that if you post some pics we can get you up and running in no time.
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:52 AM   #6
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No hate for Scotty B on this forum - only love!
JMGreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 12:19 PM   #7
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Got my HD switch cam from Scotttyb. Product comes with perfect instructions, as I imagine his F&R package did also. Scottyb is the best. Stick with him - the solution will happen soon.
rbuggies48IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 12:53 PM   #8
Bflanders5
Not Yet Wild

So its a 94 EZGO that I converted to 48 volts. I have the Alltrax 48400, with a HD solenoid from Scotty and his F and R contactors. Wired everything up and it ran flawlessly for about 30 mins. All of a sudden nothing. Made sure everything was wired correctly.

Put it back together and it will work intermentaly, 4-5 times in forward and reverse and then nothing. Checked 48 volts between small posts on solenoid, and between diode on F and R contactors, all this directions from Scotty. I then realized controller was throwing Pre charge failure. Found a post on here, and checked ohms on resistor on big/top lugs on solenoid. It read 470 ohms which Scotty said is fine and suggested crimp connector was loose. Took back off cart and soldered both sides of resistor. Checked resistance again and it read 470 ohms. Put back on cart and it worked for 4-5 times switching back and forth between forward and reverse. Then nothing and is still throwing Pre charge failure.

Through all this the solenoid is clicking whenever throttle is pressed, simply does not move. So that is the whole story. Hoping someone can figure it out.

Thx
Bflanders5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:37 PM   #9
Steve A
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I think I. Would check the controller output on terminal 2&3. Terminal 1 should be at 48 volts in foward. Terminal 4 is the reverse. Jack up the rear tires first. So you don't send it through the wall when you get it working. Then check the throttle
Steve A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:49 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

What is the exact voltage between the controller's B- and B+ terminals before the solenoid clicks?

What is the exact voltage between the solenoid's B- and B+ terminals when the pedal is pushed just far enough to make the solenoid click?

Also, what is the exact voltage on the red wire at the controller when the pedal is pushed just far enough to make the solenoid click?
(Pin-1 if the four separate push-on connectors are use and Pin-4 if the stock EZGO connector is used)

FWIW, I'm not sure where a SPM controller senses the voltage for the Pre-Charge Failure error, but it has got to be between the B- terminal on the controller and either the B+ terminal or the red wire.

------------
Connect a voltmeter between the controller's B- and M- terminals.
What is the voltage when the pedal is pushed just far enough to make the solenoid click?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO