lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2015, 07:04 AM   #1
Spaggettio
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo txt PDS 2008 Curtis 73326g07

Hi All,

I hope you can help me.

I am restoring a Ezgo txt PDS 2008 for my dad.

The cart was well..... in poor shape. The cart currently has the body off lights out etc etc.

I cleaned up all of the connections to all the batteries gave is a little bit of a clean some degreaser minimal water.

I then wired up a ciggarette lighter socket so he can charge his GPS.

All was working great and i was just waiting for the body to come back from being vinyl wrapped then all of a sudden the cart will only go into reverse regardless if i select FWD or REV.

So basically i am stuck with a cart that only goes in reverse. I did some research and changed the f1 and f2? plugs around on the controller and it only goes forward now.

Do you think it might be the controller or the switch on the dash?

Thanks

David
Spaggettio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2015, 08:19 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo txt PDS 2008 Curtis 73326g07

In a PDS cart this is a controller failure. Looks like it is time to upgrade the drive system as well as the looks of the cart

How will he be using the cart?
Bigger tires?
Hilly terrain?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:46 AM   #3
Spaggettio
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply Scott.. even thou its not the best news.

Do you think i killed the controller because I wired the 12v charger in? (you can tell me no to make me feel good) haha

He is moving onto the golf course which is pretty flat so more speed the better.

On stock wheels

What do you recommend?

EDIT: all fuses still in tact
Old 09-21-2015, 08:52 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No Telling what triggered the failure from here but, these stock Curtis controls are pretty fragile when it comes to errors and age does take it's toll too. I have 2 PDS, one with the DCX400 and the other with the XCT400. Both controls from Alltrax. Both carts running on 7/6v batteries = 42v. Both carts doing 25+ mph on stock tires.
Of the 2 the XCT control produces the better driving experience.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:57 AM   #5
Spaggettio
Not Yet Wild

is there anything that runs on 36v with extra power that would easily get him through a 5 hour round of golf, he plays of 4 handicap so i think most of the time he will be driving straight down the path LOL
Old 09-21-2015, 10:32 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaggettio View Post
is there anything that runs on 36v with extra power that would easily get him through a 5 hour round of golf, he plays of 4 handicap so i think most of the time he will be driving straight down the path LOL
I would say he is an excellent golfer The XCT controller utilizes regenerative braking. When you decelerate the motor generates voltage which is put back into the battery pack. I can watch my in-dash voltmeter go up when I let off the pedal. This makes for the longest use of the battery pack. And 36v operation would be fine, most carts getting 22-24mph on stock tires.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO