lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2016, 02:10 PM   #1
RAAK
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo Hunting Buggy Help

Hey guys. I'm trying to get my list of parts nailed down to build this buggy. I have found/figured out just about everything I need except the tires and a rear posi. So that's what I need help with. Oh yeah. It's a 1995 Medalist.

Tires: I am looking for the best riding/quietest tire. I don't need mud tires just something with some good tread. I was looking at the Maxxis Ceros 23x8x12. It is a 6 ply tire so I'm not sure if it will ride as good as a 4 ply. Does anyone have experience with these. I just want smooth and quiet. Any recommendations are welcome. It just has to have minimum of 10" rim so my rear discs will fit. I am not opposed to any particular size.

Posi: I know the RXV posi will work but I can't seem to find the parts anywhere. Does anyone know a good source for the parts?

Thank you all in advance.

Last edited by RAAK; 02-05-2016 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: Typographical error
RAAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2016, 10:09 AM   #2
RAAK
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo Hunting Buggy Help

Is this in the wrong place?
Old 02-06-2016, 10:21 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAK View Post
Is this in the wrong place?
nope - just give it some time. Somebody with knowledge of these tires will respond. Generally speaking it sounds like you already know a 6 ply tire is not going to produce as soft a grip or ride as a 4 ply. I hope you have plenty of power upgrades for 23s if you are in hilly terrain.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:14 PM   #4
RAAK
Not Yet Wild

Thanks ScottyB. I just ordered some cables for a Ranger EV from you. I didn't really want 23s but I need them for the creek crossings on our property. I plan on a SPM 48500 and the DD #401 fed by 58.8 volts of lithium.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:35 PM   #5
Venturebrowser
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
nope - just give it some time. Somebody with knowledge of these tires will respond. Generally speaking it sounds like you already know a 6 ply tire is not going to produce as soft a grip or ride as a 4 ply. I hope you have plenty of power upgrades for 23s if you are in hilly terrain.
Hey scottyb, speaking of tires, what size are the tires on that red, white, and blue cart in your profile pic? Are those 8" wide all around? I'm trying to decide what 24x8-12s would look like on my RXV front and back.
Venturebrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:36 PM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

What part of the country are you hunting in? I use mine in S.W. Pa. and I run 22x11x10" Gator tires. I need mud throwers to get up 'n down the hills we have here in the snow and rain. Noise really isn't a factor as generally speaking I'm not going much faster than 5mph and getting out of deep snow or deep mud is much more important than a little noise over the rare instance of dry hard packed dirt.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO