lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2016, 06:43 AM   #1
ccrob
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Unhappy Turn signal wiring question

Hello All,

Wiring question I can't figure out. Please help and pardon my stupidity but new to the cart world having recently purchased a 2007 CC DS. Cart has everlasting turn signal switch that came unlodged from column clamp. Aside from harness there was a white wire running to switch that came loose and turn signals no longer function. Took apart switch and found no evidence of where it may have been connected. From search on forum, seems to be a grounding wire but cant figure where to connect. Tried making contact in various places but no luck.

any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated and I apologize for what is probably a real dumb question for some.
ccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2016, 07:27 AM   #2
tey1967
Getting Wild

Default Re: Turn signal wiring question

Hmm. Better show some pictures. Universal turn signal switches don't usually have a white wire.
tey1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:05 AM   #3
ccrob
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: TURN SIGNAL WIRING QUESTION

thank you for responding tey1967,

you are correct, the white wire is not part of the wiring harness. It appears to be a direct ground wire that was run to the switch along with the switch harness. Unfortunately, my son came home with the switch dangling and the turn signals no longer working after the switch came loose from the clamp securing it to the column. It did not affect anything else. I still have brake lights and headlights.

I opened the switch and found no where to fasten the white wire. Do you know if the switch requires external grounding and if so, where the heck is the ground supposed to attach?

thank you for any assist you might provide.
ccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:55 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Turn signal wiring question

It may be part of the flasher circuit.

The brake lights run through the turn signal switch as it is affected by the use of the turn signals.

The flasher usually has a constant +12v output and a "pulsed" +12v output, the turn signal switch selects the power source.

Does the brake light go OFF (while still pressing the brake pedal) if your turn the turn signal to their direction?

Here is a sample diagram for the turn signal switch and the different wires typically used.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turn_Signal_Wiring.jpg (504.5 KB, 0 views)
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:47 AM   #5
jroeiii
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: TURN SIGNAL WIRING QUESTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrob View Post
thank you for responding tey1967,

you are correct, the white wire is not part of the wiring harness. It appears to be a direct ground wire that was run to the switch along with the switch harness. Unfortunately, my son came home with the switch dangling and the turn signals no longer working after the switch came loose from the clamp securing it to the column. It did not affect anything else. I still have brake lights and headlights.

I opened the switch and found no where to fasten the white wire. Do you know if the switch requires external grounding and if so, where the heck is the ground supposed to attach?

thank you for any assist you might provide.
Hi - What was the fix for your issue? I have a similar problem that headlights / brake lights work but NONE of the turn signals are working. They were intermittently working, my gut says I stretched the wires too far trying to insert the wiring cover on the steering column and something is no longer making contact. It is an issue with the turn assembly itself since none of the lights are working including a new set of LED sport mirrors.
jroeiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car