lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2016, 02:20 PM   #21
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Another bent frame with pictures

So, let me just ask a dumb question......if you need a frame....have you considered just going or calling around to your local golf courses and asking them if they have any junk TXT carts they would be willing to sell for like $200? If you find one "back in the junk pile" that has a solid frame....then you strip it and all is good?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2016, 02:39 PM   #22
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
So, let me just ask a dumb question......if you need a frame....have you considered just going or calling around to your local golf courses and asking them if they have any junk TXT carts they would be willing to sell for like $200? If you find one "back in the junk pile" that has a solid frame....then you strip it and all is good?
As a general rule of thumb, most golf courses do not own their carts. They are usually leased for 3-4 years.

Scotty, I just checked freight on Saia and they were in the $550 range as well..... Weird because when I purchase a pallet load from someplace like Redhawk or Custom Golf Cart Supply, I pay at most $150 for motor freight....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:32 PM   #23
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Yeah....when I was a poor working stiff....(I was a partner in a CPA firm) I was the "Golf course Partner". I had a dozen or so Golf courses that I did. And yes.....I did get freebie rounds all the time!! Unfortunately, I can no longer swing a club, so it doesn't matter that I can still get freebie rounds or not. But...that doesn't matter.

Yes, most course's lease their cart fleets as this is the least costly route to go. When they break...call EZ-GO or Yamaha or whomever, and they pick up the broken one, and drop off a replacement. Just can't beat that. It saves a skilled service employee cost plus the repair & maintenance cost of a purchased fleet.

But....I tossed that out as you never know. Some "old timer" course's have "ownership" of carts ingrained in their mind that it's the best way to go. And they buy used all the time. Hey....it happens.

Just a thought. Look for the off beat courses. There are a few in my area.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 04:02 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Lowest bid I got on U-ship was $300.
Does the OP wanna do this?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:48 AM   #25
brq007
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a straight frame that is a TXT PDS for $100 pick up near Nashville TN.
brq007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:35 AM   #26
brq007
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you find a frame close by.
brq007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ez go, frame, repair
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO