lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2016, 05:36 PM   #1
Wahoouva2
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas Pedal Always Live

I have been trying to rewire my cart and am installing an ignition switch on my 97 TXT. The main reason to put a working switch is to be able to actually turn it off, as now the gas pedal is always Live or Hot. I have to switch the cart to neutral. However, I have small kids and really want this as a safety feature.

I have installed the new ignition switch and charge meter and followed all the directions. The blue and green wires that go to the F/R Switch and the ignition pedal are hooked up.

What could possibly be the problem? The ignition switch in the off position still has a live pedal and the cart can move.

Thanks
Wahoouva2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2016, 06:38 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gas Pedal Always Live

considering what you told us.....First thing I would check is the actual switch....do that by checking continuity through the switch. with the switch OFF you should detect ZERO through it.....thus cutting all current flow to the peddle. IF the switch is in fact good....you must have something else wrong as you are getting current flow from somewhere else....and the switch in the peddle box only has 2 wires.....one of which is the current from the key switch....but if you are still getting current with the key OFF....something is wired wrong.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:21 PM   #3
Wahoouva2
Not Yet Wild

Is there a diagram on the Sticky Posts that shows the wiring of the wires on top of the forward reverse switch? I have the connections right connecting the motor to the F/R switch, but I'm not sure about the other wires. If those are wrong, could that be causing the accelerator pedal to remain live and the on/off, ignition switch not to work properly?

Thanks
Old 10-11-2016, 06:06 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

I'm at work now....but in no one chimes in with an actual picture, I will take one when I get home......but there is a wiring diagram.

this one will work as to how its wired.

EzgoSeriesWiringDiagram.jpg
Old 10-11-2016, 06:15 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Here ya go.....this is how its supposed to be wired.

F&R 1.jpg
Old 10-11-2016, 06:49 PM   #6
Wahoouva2
Not Yet Wild

Awesome, that is a big help. Would you be able to also show me a picture of your controller and the pedal box wiring? I'm working backwards to try and find what is wrong. I'm wondering if something is wired incorrectly in the pedal box.

Thanks so much again! Thank you for the pictures and your insight.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:46 AM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Here is the ITS......not sure a picture if my controller will help you as mine in not stock. I have a picture of my original....but that's probably not much help either, you just need to trace out all the cables attached to is and use the wiring diagram.

Ezgo ITS Pedal Switch.jpg
Old 10-12-2016, 08:25 PM   #8
Wahoouva2
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Here is the ITS......not sure a picture if my controller will help you as mine in not stock. I have a picture of my original....but that's probably not much help either, you just need to trace out all the cables attached to is and use the wiring diagram.

Attachment 142772
That picture helped a lot, than you. I noticed on my golf cart, the red and green wires were opposite on mine compared to yours. I switched them but it didn't make any difference. The pedal still works with the key off. Is it possible that the Accelerator Switch is bad and is keeping the pedal hot?

Thanks for you help. I'm running into a brick wall time and time again.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:02 AM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

NO......there is ONE wire that goes from the key to the micro switch in the peddle box......if you are getting power from the key, even when its TURNED OFF....either you have the key switch wired wrong, OR the switch is BAD. don't make the mistake and assume the switch is good just because its new.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:23 PM   #10
Wahoouva2
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
NO......there is ONE wire that goes from the key to the micro switch in the peddle box......if you are getting power from the key, even when its TURNED OFF....either you have the key switch wired wrong, OR the switch is BAD. don't make the mistake and assume the switch is good just because its new.
Do you think it could be something else? The cart has not had any ignition switch at all and the pedal has been hot. The addition of this switch hasn't made any difference, any thoughts, on what it is bypassing to stay on?

Thanks again! Very much appreciated.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO