lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2017, 07:42 PM   #1
nezman
Not Yet Wild

Default Troubles after replacing batteries

Recently replaced all my batteries in my 2010 rxv . I wired exactly as it was but now while driving the SOC meter just goes crazy. You charge it shows full charge start driving then it might drop to 50% in first 100 yards or may not move at all for 3 miles. Then it will go back and forth or be sitting still with key on and drop from full charge to zero charge. I am open for ideas I have hit a wall
nezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2017, 07:49 PM   #2
slashpine
Getting Wild

Default Re: Troubles after replacing batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezman View Post
Recently replaced all my batteries in my 2010 rxv . I wired exactly as it was but now while driving the SOC meter just goes crazy. You charge it shows full charge start driving then it might drop to 50% in first 100 yards or may not move at all for 3 miles. Then it will go back and forth or be sitting still with key on and drop from full charge to zero charge. I am open for ideas I have hit a wall
just off the wall...it sounds like a loose connection somewhere or a faulty meter...
slashpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:51 PM   #3
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Agreed, sounds like a loose connection.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:24 PM   #4
nezman
Not Yet Wild

Thanks I will undo clean and reattach all connections and give that a try tomorrow
Old 01-30-2017, 11:16 PM   #5
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Or oxidation under the crimp/s.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 05:36 PM   #6
nezman
Not Yet Wild

Okay removed and cleaned all posts and connectors replaced and still same thing. Did notice one thing as I plugged charger in ( ezgo charger that came with cart) led flashed green red in fast alernations 5 times. Then started its normal process

Last edited by nezman; 01-31-2017 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: left something out
Old 01-31-2017, 05:40 PM   #7
nezman
Not Yet Wild

Think I'm going to take it in can't figure this one out
Old 01-31-2017, 10:34 PM   #8
Golferdave
Gone Wild

Club Car

You follow the wires all the way to the soc meter?

Shake pull on any splices & check connection on the back of the soc meter
Golferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:12 AM   #9
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yesterdaya rxv was brought in ( 2010), that was doing something similar. 1 year old trojans ( A6), 50.9 volts. After driving a short ways, factory battery meter would drop quickly, He would stop at the tee box, get back in, and cart would not move.

Went through and checked everything we could , The scanner was showing a code ( 12576 i believe?). The code says the solenoid would time out.

I hooked up the load tester and kept taking readings. After about 18 minutes into test, 1 battery was barely 9 volts, while other 3 were at 11.8.

So stopped the test, and tried the key. At that time everytime you turned the key from off to on, the battery gauge would drop immediately for a quick secod then go back to about 1/2 to 3/4.

So in my case, i am thinking this 1 battery, although only 1 year old, is causing the problem. also, as we went thru the steps in the manual assoiciated with the error code, everything checked out ok.

We have been seeing an extraordinary amount of trojan battery problems recently, all 12 volt batteries, all 2 years old and newer. Maybe 12 different carts with 12 volt trojan problems, .
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:17 PM   #10
nezman
Not Yet Wild

ok getting tired of this, took to dealer they said gauge (meter) was bad. So they replaced and went out to play today could only play 9 holes meter dropped out cart bogged down. So frustrated. batteries 2 months old granted it is winter 20's at night 40's day but should get a full round in

Last edited by nezman; 02-04-2017 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: wasnt through
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO