lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2017, 09:57 PM   #21
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 club car trouble shooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountieman View Post
Hahahahaha.. Tell me how you really feel about them.. All jokes aside thats what I like to hear. I dont know much about this so I have to rely on someone who does. I give you a call tomorrow and again thanks for the help..
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2017, 04:51 PM   #22
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

I got kind of frustrated with the cart and had a lot of other work to do so I pushed it aside for a while. I do not mind to replace all the parts but do not want to if it is just something simple.

Can someone tell me how to test the solenoids on my cart. It has 2 different solenoids. One on the right that the positive from the batteries comes into and one on the left side of the controller. If these test good then I have no choice but to just replace it all I guess.. Thanks for the help
Mountieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #23
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

The solenoid on the left is for dynamatic braking. It has a coil on it. The cart will run just fine without it. To check to see if it is your problem just hook both large cables to the same side and it is out of the system.
To check the solenoid unhook the wires and using jumpers run a wire from pack positive to one of the small thermals, and another from pack negative to the other small one. When connected the solenoid should click and close. Once it is closed you should have connection between the two large post. If you have this you need to find why it is not getting power under normal operation. If it does not click and have connection it is bad and needs replaced. If the right one is bad you can switch it with the left one and the cart will likely run. The coil stays on the left side.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:56 PM   #24
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

I ran the jumpers to the solenoid and it clicks Everytime. When I hook everything back up and use the pedal it clicks sometimes and sometimes not???
Old 04-09-2017, 07:12 PM   #25
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

I went ahead and checked the solenoid on the left and it clicks too.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:16 PM   #26
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

When the solenoid clicks does the cart run?
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #27
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

No sir. My dad was actually driving it and I was standing there watching him come to me and it just stopped. I have been fooling with it since. I don't mind scrapping the entire electrical if I have too but don't want to miss something simple
Old 04-09-2017, 07:51 PM   #28
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
No sir. My dad was actually driving it and I was standing there watching him come to me and it just stopped. I have been fooling with it since. I don't mind scrapping the entire electrical if I have too but don't want to miss something simple
That system is very unreliable and outdated. They only used it for a few years. If it runs sometimes, but not others, it's very possible you simply have a throttle device issue. Does your 2000 have an MCOR on it or a V-Glide under the seat?
Old 04-09-2017, 07:55 PM   #29
Mountieman
Not Yet Wild

Mine has the v-glide.. I actually took it apart and looked at it not really knowing what I was looking at and it looked like the brushes were making contact good. If that is how you explain it...
Old 04-09-2017, 11:02 PM   #30
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Mine has the v-glide.. I actually took it apart and looked at it not really knowing what I was looking at and it looked like the brushes were making contact good. If that is how you explain it...
I was going to suggest replacing the MCOR first before we went ahead with the entire conversion kit, since it's part of the kit. But the V-Glides are pretty bulletproof. I doubt that's your issue. It's about a 99% chance of controller failure and a 1% chance of something else. Take it off and use it for a boat anchor. Put something on your cart that's gonna work like you want it to.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car