lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #1
Kb25
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO 2Five Regenerative breaking

According to the manual, the 2Five does not coast like other golf carts because it has regenerative breaking. However, I have not noticed much resistance when I take my foot off the accelerator at high speeds. It actually seems to coast. (I do notice some resistance at low speeds)

Is this normal behavior?

Is the regenerative breaking provided by the engine itself, or by the electric brake attached to the engine?

Is regenerative breaking adjustable? Could the previous owner have disabled it somehow?

Thanks,

Kevin
Kb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2017, 03:25 PM   #2
FluxCapacitor
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO 2Five Regenerative breaking

Mine has noticeable regen braking at all speeds. Feels about the same amount of " "drag" whether I let go of the "gas" at 25 mph or 10 mph. It will actually come to a stop (eventually) even going down relatively steep hills.

The regen is (if I understand correctly) performed by the main motor and not the motor brake.
FluxCapacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:01 PM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO 2Five Regenerative breaking

The amount of regenerative braking is settable within several sets of parameters. There is coasting regen settings, and regen braking curves that can be tweaked, but not just anyone can set these. A 2013 and later 2Five requires someone with an OEM or higher Curtis handheld or programmer to access those parameters. A dealer cannot access them

There are differences between the 2010-2012 Danaher controlled 2Five and the 2013-2017 Curtis controlled 2Five. The Curtis controller has more configurability. There is typically more stock regen on the Curtis controlled 2Five.

The 2Five has 4 wheel hydraulic disc brakes, so the motor brake is only used for a parking brake. There is no panic brake (greater than 60% brake pedal) activation of the motor brake on the 2Five like the RXV will do.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO