lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2017, 03:30 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: '99 TXT Rebuild project starting

I have a complete 98 TXT series rivet/fastener set, that I never used. PM me if you're interested.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2017, 10:43 PM   #12
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

PM sent
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:05 AM   #13
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm starting to get visits from the little brown man in the brown uniform driving the brown truck! Rear axle is stripped down waiting on the Ausco package from ScottyB. Rear HD Springs from RH and new battery tray are here, and front HD springs are due to arrive today. I've decided to start with base frame assembly this week, and on Saturday will paint with POR-15 both axles, lift kit brackets, tie rods, steering housing, and any other metal pieces that did not get sent to the sandblaster. Today I have to go plop a box full of baggies full of rusted fasteners on the counter at fastenal, and match fasteners. I have a summary list, a list of fasteners grouped by part assembly, and plan to create a fairly comprehensive fastener list for frame up rebuilds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2017, 09:18 AM   #14
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yikes! Those pics in the previous post are huge. Wont be posting from tapatalk again!

So, should I replace those rusted bolts on the differential cover? Can I paint the aluminum differential housing with POR-15? And, if I crack the cover on the differential, what should I do while I am in there, besides change the fluid with something from 30-90W, with Lucas oil or STP, or one of the other 6 options found on the forum?

OK - that last part was just me being a natural smart-a$$!
Old 02-28-2017, 11:30 AM   #15
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

However those pics are posted, I like viewing them much better that way. I can enlarge them on my phone without tappping it and opening another window. Not sure how it looks on a pc, but Keep doing it that way, as far as I'm concerned.

I painted my diff cover with por and it seems to have bonded well. Early on in my project, I noticed someone said that anytime they replaced a nut or bolt, they did it with ss. It ads a bit of cost, and up to you if you want that look, but it's better than having them rust again or go through prep/paint on a bolt.

Enjoying following your rebuild. Keep up the posts.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:03 PM   #16
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just got the front springs from Red Hawk and the black diamond plate full kit delivered. Headed out to go get the frame now, and can hardly wait.

OM6, I plan to buy as much stainless replacement hardware as I can lay my hands on. At this point, an extra $40 for stainless hardware is a rounding error.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:06 PM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'll have to remember "rounding error" when explaining to the wife how my buggy is worth over twice my car. And I've only done performance upgrades. Haven't even started making it pretty.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:24 AM   #18
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Frame is back from blasting and coating. Most parts are in. I need to pressure wash all the parts to be painted so I'm ready for Saturday. After a ton of research, and spending an hour and a half in the Fastenal store, I discovered that what EZGO calls a "5/16-18 x .80 Screw", part # 00715G2, used to assemble many of the frame parts, is in the real world called a 5/16-18 Hex Flange Body Bolt with Starter Point. There are several lengths used on the cart, from 3/4 - 13/16, so I'm going to use all 13/16. I can't find this particular fastener in Stainless, so I'm going with Phosphate. Fastenal part # 0162782.

I was able to find almost every other fastener in Stainless, to the tune of $100. Part of that was the inability to break packages, so I have more than I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by JaxPilot; 03-01-2017 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: added part numbers
Old 03-01-2017, 09:38 AM   #19
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

your frame looks GREAT!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:02 AM   #20
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah, Jax, that thing looks awesome, and that $100 is well spent!
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO