lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2017, 09:00 PM   #11
Red Hot Mama
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bought a Bent One Apparently

Welding gone bad?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1170.jpg (164.8 KB, 0 views)
Red Hot Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2017, 09:09 PM   #12
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

It might just be spring sag from someone heavy riding in the driver seat. I don't see anything wrong with the front end. Please point it out.
2016CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:11 PM   #13
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

If you are talking about the axle angle to the plastic bumper that is probably spring sag, all though I would check to make sure everything else is ok, like spring mounts.
Ok I see a difference where the front brackets are welded to the hole but that shouldn't be that much of an issue.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:34 PM   #14
Red Hot Mama
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So, there's nothing to worry about? Is there something I can do to get it more aligned? It seriously tilts to the drivers side. The leaf spring does look lower in the back end then the passenger side. Can this be adjusted?
Old 03-02-2017, 09:39 PM   #15
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

I think the springs are worn out. You can replace them stock or with heavy duty, or dual action. I like the dual action smooth ride unloaded, has helper spring when loaded. I would check to see if any of the site sponsors sell them.

https://www.golfcart.com/
Old 03-02-2017, 09:59 PM   #16
Red Hot Mama
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The guy told me he had rebuilt it from the ground up for a customer who ended up pulling out because of a family emergency. He told me everything was new...the only thing original were the pedals. New shocks, new batteries, frame, paint, steering wheel and tires. Said it was sandblasted early on and started from scratch. So, if that is true, would the frame have had the springs on it when the blasting was happening? I know nothing...just an old gramma needing some wheels to get around the property. Are springs and shocks the same thing? Are there additional springs besides leaf springs? He said the shocks were new.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:28 PM   #17
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It looks like the plastic cover is not parallel, but the front axle and the front body DO look parallel to me... So it appears to my eye that the plastic cover was riveted on poorly. I think you springs/front axle look ok... Just my $0.02
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:28 PM   #18
JaxPilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016CTD View Post
I think the springs are worn out. You can replace them stock or with heavy duty, or dual action. I like the dual action smooth ride unloaded, has helper spring when loaded. I would check to see if any of the site sponsors sell them.

https://www.golfcart.com/
DIY sells front and rear HD springs from Red Hawk, I just received a set of each for my 99 TXT. Here is a link to their leaf spring page.
JaxPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:34 PM   #19
Red Hot Mama
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Are you talking about the leaf springs? The one that's lower on the left side of the cart in the backend pic? If so, they're about $150.00? A new pair of those would level my rig out? Do I need a golf car mechanic or can a regular mechanic do it? Thank you for your help.

ie; Thanks jax...so the txt electric needs 2 kinds of springs? I wonder why the guy who built it didn't replace everything. He said he did. Argh live and learn!

I don't need a mechanics special. I just paid $3k for this and geez, how much more will this cost me? I'll have to have it towed to the nearest dealer 45 miles RT.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:37 PM   #20
rib33024

Can you get a good pic of the front spindles where they bolt to the front axle. Some thing don't look right with them. And yes the one shock mount on the driver side is welded lower that the other one
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO