lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2017, 07:36 PM   #1
Buya57VW
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking for the brightest underbody LED's

I am looking for the brightest LED's I can find for my underbody. I installed a set of LEDGLOW million color lights last weekend and frankly, they are horrible. You can barely see them at night and the colors won't change from anything other than blue and green. What are some other options to get some that I can really see? It's going on a 48v PDS cart that I installed their voltage reducer so that they'd run off of 12v.
Buya57VW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2017, 08:23 PM   #2
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Looking for the brightest underbody LED's

Welcome to BGW! Why don't you get one of those lightbars used on emergency vehicles and mount it under your cart. Multiple colors and flashing if you want. Some are even controlled by remote. Guaranteed to make your cart go faster!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:28 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Welcome to BGW! Why don't you get one of those lightbars used on emergency vehicles and mount it under your cart. Multiple colors and flashing if you want. Some are even controlled by remote. Guaranteed to make your cart go faster!:lhmo:
Like sub-woofers. Aim them up to get better traction, or back to get more speed.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:24 PM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Guaranteed to make your cart go faster!
I dont think it will make it travel at the speed of light
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:50 PM   #5
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

No, but seriously, there are some guys here that put on underbody lights that are almost as good as the batlight. I'm sure they will be all to happy to share their secret with a new BGW member.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:45 PM   #6
Buya57VW
Not Yet Wild

That's what I'm hoping for. I've seen some around the campgrounds I've been to and now that I have a cart myself I need to know how they did it. The ones I got just don't seem to work as well as the price tag should have made them. My biggest problem now is that I have a VW that I'm also restoring and this thing is taking away most of my time and funds. LOL
Buya57VW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:20 AM   #7
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buya57VW View Post
I am looking for the brightest LED's I can find for my underbody. I installed a set of LEDGLOW million color lights last weekend and frankly, they are horrible. You can barely see them at night and the colors won't change from anything other than blue and green. What are some other options to get some that I can really see? It's going on a 48v PDS cart that I installed their voltage reducer so that they'd run off of 12v.
I installed led strip lights under my cart.

I decided against the ledglow product and got some from Amazon.

For the led strip lights, this is what I purchased...This included an AC plug, but you don't really need that part. The AC plug is good to just test your strip light when you cut it to length and also test your connectors before putting it on the cart.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C6WX94I..._aCLUybMJDYYCY

For the controller, I purchased this one...It connects via Bluetooth to your iPhone or Android.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZQVWU2O..._RELUybE916X7C

Here is some wire... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XFSNKXS..._mGLUyb0C6HFFQ

These connectors were a big help. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01727CTPC..._zHLUybBCES0B4

I purchased this 3M fastners in a larger quantity...and used a epoxy glue to glue little strips every 12 inches or so to connect led strip to the underside of the cart. If you can find a place to zip tie it...That might work better. I used this 3M fastners with heavy duty epoxy glue.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00347A8EO..._7RLUybYGKQH46

The connectors I cut in half and one end to the strip lights and the other end I used butt connectors to the roll of wire and wired it back to the controller.

The controller connects to an app on your phone. The app has a color wheel so you can change the color to whatever you want. There are also presents so you can do fades or stobes. There is also a music setting so it changes color to the beat of your music.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
skipsmith521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:55 AM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I put neon lights under mine for a while. I bought them cheap. They came with an inverter, and are around 12" diameter. The inverter has a microphone, so it can be turned on to beat with the tunes. They were made for installing around woofers (speakers). They are bright blue and look really kewl. They are glass tubes, surrounded by a plastic tube. Before I added HD leaf springs, riding with three passengers caused me to bottom out, smashing the tube. I have several more and may install them one day.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:14 AM   #9
Bigd3077
Not Yet Wild

I just finished my install last weekend. I researched all kits and finally settled on OPT7. I am very pleased with the results. I got the golf cart kit, and the extension kit. Cost $80 total. It came with everything including heat shrink, and large and small zip ties. Very bright and I get compliments every time I drive at night.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Bigd3077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:15 AM   #10
Bigd3077
Not Yet Wild

http://www.opt-7.com/aura-10pc-golf-...-lighting-kit/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Bigd3077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO